Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1223 (misses dress)

Reviewed by:Sigrid.

About Sigrid.starstarstarstar
Netherlands
Member since: 11/14/06
Posted on:5/19/12 5:15 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 11 people

Sweater knit fabrics

KozyKitty said... (7/12/12 8:35 PM) Reply
I'm glad to see another review of this dress as I'm getting ready to make this. One thing I've learned over the years is to ignore Vogue's size chart. According to my bust measurement, I should wear a size 14 yet I typically make a size 8 - 10 and they always fit. In the future, I would suggest looking at the finished bust measurement of the garment and decide how much ease you need then chose your size that way. In spite of your hassles with the pattern, it turned out lovely. I like your fabric choice. This dress is a versatile piece and I hope you get a lot of wear out of it!
Clareew said... (5/26/12 3:38 PM) Reply
Sigrid, a fabulous fitting dress. Have you considered body tape when you wear this? I discovered this quite late in life and wished I had known about it sooner. It makes wearing a low dress so much more relaxing.
schmammy said... (5/24/12 9:30 PM) Reply
I am SO grateful for your review. This is one I'm considering for my Mother of the Groom dress for a garden wedding late summer. Thank you! Too, I agree with other comments: this dress is great for you!
GoodbyeValntino said... (5/20/12 10:06 PM) Reply
I love the fabric you selected for the dress and the fit is really nice. Good job and good review!
ArtAttack said... (5/20/12 11:38 AM) Reply
Great review. I love the dress on you...sorry you don't.
Sue Parrott said... (5/20/12 10:03 AM) Reply
Thanks for the very thorough review! The dress looks great. I really hope Vogue is listening regarding all the reviews that discuss the necklines, most women don't want to wear tops that are so very low!
Dilliander said... (5/20/12 3:54 AM) Reply
Sigrid, this really does look fabulous on you. I understand about the low neckline, I hate it when that happens too. Do hope you can come up with a solution so you can feel relaxed and enjoy wearing the dress.
marec said... (5/20/12 1:35 AM) Reply
This is totally lovely on you! I didn't notice that it was too low cut-I love the fabric, and the fit is fantastic.
rivergum said... (5/20/12 1:20 AM) Reply
Lovely dress! I hope this summer will be better in the NL than the last, so you will get some wear out of it.
Annette1 said... (5/20/12 0:45 AM) Reply
Great review, as usual, Sigrid. I really LOVE this dress on you, and it's a shame that the neckline is lower than you prefer. That is one of my PET PEEVES, as a matter of fact, with many patterns these days. This is just DARLING on, you though. :o) Maybe you could just insert a little triangle of fabric in the V at the neckline. I hadn't even noticed this pattern in the books, but I love it. :o)
RadarRadiance said... (5/19/12 7:44 PM) Reply
I think you nailed it, it looks great on you and you ended up with a fabulous fit. Just get a pretty camisole or insert for the lowness of the top and I'm sure you'll get tons of compliments.
valerie sews said... (5/19/12 5:27 PM) Reply
Sigrid sorry that this dress is not what you expected but it is still very nice on you.

by: cleverkitt...