Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 3130 (Shirt with stripe contrast)

Review submitted in Natural Fibres Contest Contest
Reviewed by:Dilliander

About Dillianderstarstarstarstar
NSW Australia
Member since: 11/28/08
Posted on:5/22/12 8:21 PM
Last Updated:5/22/12 11:32 PM

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Kids(boys & girls)
sfshaza said... (6/2/12 1:10 PM) Reply
Wow, what a sleeper shirt. From the thumbnail, it looks like a nice, conventional shirt. But I carefully studied the large photos and am really wowed. I love how you've used the contrast detailing. Now I want this pattern, but what I *really* want is YOUR shirt in my size. :D
danceandsing33 said... (5/26/12 7:16 PM) Reply
Beautiful shirt. I love all of the wonderful contrast detailing. Nice job!
Dilliander said... (5/24/12 6:33 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the lovely comments. I've been trying this on to see different ways it can be worn. The cuffs turned up or down change the look from casual to dressy. Buttoned or unbuttoned offers different styling as well (since the outside button tab is not striped). It looks good with navy denim jeans, also the trendy colored jeans and casual linen trousers (coordinating with colors in the dots), also worn open over a navy column of cami and pants. I suspect it will get a lot of wear.
MNBarb said... (5/24/12 9:01 AM) Reply
I love what you've done with this shirt! The stripe-dot fabrics make it look so interesting and not at all crafty. You have a good eye. This is such a great basic pattern.
MareeAlison said... (5/24/12 0:08 AM) Reply
Your shirts are wonderful - so professional looking. I just love this one and the striped trim is fantastic. Very inspiring.
Engrmom1 said... (5/23/12 8:50 PM) Reply
Beautiful!!!
BettyMike said... (5/23/12 1:07 PM) Reply
Just beautiful!
redside said... (5/23/12 9:14 AM) Reply
So imaginative!
GoodbyeValntino said... (5/23/12 6:56 AM) Reply
Your shirts are just amazing! Thanks for the review!
margk said... (5/23/12 5:57 AM) Reply
Great review and Love the results. That collar and stand looks perfect. Enjoy that gorgeous fabric.
2 Airedales n Me said... (5/23/12 2:24 AM) Reply
Very sharp shirt. What's not to love about a nice tailored shirt? And yours just looks so professional. I just ordered this pattern so am happy to read your review and mention about their great collar insertion method - that'll push it up "the list" for me. Thanks.
cmcarr said... (5/23/12 2:07 AM) Reply
Your shirt is beautiful. I love the contrast. I also love this pattern. I made one for my daughter and one for me and I have more planned.
SewWil said... (5/23/12 1:19 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse! Love the fabric combination. Great job!
Sharonspils said... (5/23/12 0:50 AM) Reply
Stunning use of the dots and stripes, and the shaping of this shirt is very nice.
velosewer said... (5/23/12 0:07 AM) Reply
Spot on!
JEF said... (5/22/12 10:57 PM) Reply
Perfect.
valkyrie01 said... (5/22/12 10:33 PM) Reply
LOVE...! Another successful project I would steal away if you were not looking! LOL...!
BexInMD said... (5/22/12 9:32 PM) Reply
Great looking shirt. I like the striped contrast.
mm said... (5/22/12 8:52 PM) Reply
This is a lovely shirt.
KG2 said... (5/22/12 8:40 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! I too, love this pattern. (-;
wenznz said... (5/22/12 8:32 PM) Reply
I love your fabric choice, this is beautiful!

by: sew4grands