Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> Folkwear> 134 (South Asian Tops & Wraps)

Review submitted in Natural Fibres Contest Contest

Posted on:5/27/12 7:53 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
Kayseri said... (10/22/12 3:56 AM) Reply
Great looking blouse. I'm not a fan of dolman sleeves but your short version looks very fine.
MNBarb said... (6/9/12 7:27 AM) Reply
I love this Margaret. I missed your review so glad it was entered in the NF contest. I always think of these Folkwear patterns as boxy but I see that I am very wrong. I love the pattern/fabric combo that you chose. The side tie and neckline look great on you. You get my vote!
petro said... (6/3/12 2:48 AM) Reply
Very pretty.
cocosloft said... (5/28/12 10:46 PM) Reply
Love this sarong and blouse, really unusual, looks stunning on you!
marthamyers said... (5/28/12 10:01 AM) Reply
I have been eyeing this on their home page for a couple of months now. You're version has pushed me over the line. I simply must have it. Your version is just wonderful. Now off to find my CC.
lamstu said... (5/28/12 9:51 AM) Reply
I also love this blouse and was just thinking of making it with short sleeves! Your outfit with the sarong is gorgeous. I'll have to look at that part of the pattern again.
FreyaStark said... (5/28/12 6:57 AM) Reply
Very nice. The blouse looks good with short sleeves, which I hadn't thought of myself!
Sanibelle said... (5/28/12 5:59 AM) Reply
You've made such a pretty outfit for summer. The short sleeves are a great idea. This is one of my very favorite patterns!
treefrog said... (5/27/12 7:39 PM) Reply
Looks fantastic. I like the print you used. I'm surprised that there was no shoulder seam.
Q Valley Mary said... (5/27/12 6:43 PM) Reply
This looks like such a cool, comfortable outfit for summer. And a rare pattern with the crossover high enough to be decent. I have to check this pattern out.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (5/27/12 5:13 PM) Reply
NO fitting alterations?? WOW!! A winner pattern, eh. Love the "V"d fabric design. Two neat together & separate pieces, too ;D
renren said... (5/27/12 10:46 AM) Reply
The Thai blouse and sarong make a great pairing.
lcdrbetty said... (5/27/12 9:54 AM) Reply
Fabulous outfit! Love your fabric & the overall look. Very helpful review! I really like the short sleeves, too. I cruise FW patterns sometimes, & love the look of some of them, but haven't tried any. Think I will now.

SewBaby Twirl Top and Pants Pattern