J Stern Designs Ribbon Skirt
You'll learn :
  • 5 Different Bias Hemming Techniques
  • Working with a variety of fabrics
  • Matching stripes
  • Lining a bias skirt
  • Inserting a ripple free zipper
  • All with the help of HD video which you can play over and over again as many times as you want. Blog Announcements with more photos ">Put it on the Bias Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2890

Review submitted in Natural Fibres Contest Contest
Reviewed by:oldfashionedgirlsews

About oldfashionedgirlsews
Member since: 5/26/11
Posted on:5/26/12 1:37 PM
Last Updated:6/3/12 5:31 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Costumes
JenniferMM said... (6/5/12 8:27 AM) Reply
It looks lovely. Well done! Thank you for noting its accuracy. I didn't think any of Simplicity's were but, now I'm adding this pattern to my list.
Claverie said... (6/3/12 9:25 PM) Reply
MY BAD... ;) looked like a watch in a very old photo ;)
Claverie said... (6/3/12 9:24 PM) Reply
Glad you fixed the image for public view. Nice picture ... probably could have left the watch off ;) ... Amazing work. Looks very nice.
oldfashionedgirlsews said... (6/3/12 5:38 PM) Reply
I had been trying to fix the link, and finally asked my brother, who showed me how :) both links should work now. RadarRadianc, corsets do give much better support and I find them very comfortable especially ones from the 1860's, and that's why I made this one!
RadarRadiance said... (6/3/12 9:38 AM) Reply
I was able to use your link that is written out to see the corset. The picture link didn't work. Looks like a very cool pattern. I didn't realize you still wear corsets, can I ask if they give you better support? It looks very nice.
arianamaniacs said... (5/27/12 3:58 AM) Reply
I can't get the picture either - are you picture/albums set for public viewing?
oldfashionedgirlsews said... (5/26/12 9:49 PM) Reply
I'm sorry that the link didn't work for you zoe, I think it is fixed but it's hard to tell :) The Victoria and Albert museum's fashion in detail books are wonderful! I love to study the beautiful details on the garments.
zoe said... (5/26/12 5:57 PM) Reply
Fascinating ( unfortunately, I couldn't get the picture: I get a message that says it " can't be found") ??? I think the chemise would make a great nightgown . I have a beautiful book: the Victoria and Albert Museum's 17th and 18th century Fashion in Detail, which has beautiful photographs of their clothing collection. I study the pictures to try to make the clothing for needle felted animal dolls that I make. I've never tried real human sized though.

More Knits