Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 1955 (Doll Clothes in three sizes)

Reviewed by:kidmd

About kidmdstarstarstarstar
UT USA
Member since: 4/20/09
Posted on:5/26/12 7:51 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Crafts
Adaire said... (5/29/13 8:27 PM) Reply
Oh dear! You are a saint! I do American Girl but nothing smaller. What a great Mom!
kidmd said... (12/31/12 11:45 AM) Reply
@terlyart - I definitely think there is a drafting error somewhere... It sounds ridiculous, but if you are making the wedding dress, I'd actually muslin the bodice before I cut satin and silk. Trying the large size is a good idea though.
terlyart said... (12/27/12 6:34 AM) Reply
I tried to do the wedding dress and the bodice didn't fit for the 11 1/2 for my barbies. I have both the old version and the new barbie. Should I have used the large size for the bodice?
kidmd said... (5/28/12 8:20 PM) Reply
@craftylady66 - Good to know! I was pretty surprised at how much width I had to add, given that this fashion doll does look pretty much like a Barbie in shape. I'm glad the other pieces are better drafted.
craftylady66 said... (5/28/12 1:40 PM) Reply
I made a few pieces of this pattern for my niece's (new body) Barbies and the pattern for the dress you're reviewing is way too small. It ended up fitting a Bratz doll, which is smaller than Barbie, so I believe that dress pattern is mis-sized. The other pieces I made seem to fit (the new body size Barbie) correctly.
Trephas2003 said... (5/28/12 9:47 AM) Reply
It looks cute!
Aroura said... (5/27/12 1:43 PM) Reply
Super cute Barbie dress! They are so tedious to sew, you did great! They are a good way to use pretty scraps though, aren't they?
SewRaeMe said... (5/27/12 10:13 AM) Reply