Pattern Reviews> Oliver + S> Reversible Bucket Hat (Reversible Bucket Hat)

Reviewed by:karen n

About karen nstar
Member since: 11/24/08

Posted on:5/27/12 7:26 PM
Last Updated:5/27/12 7:38 PM

See other patterns in this category: Accessories

BlackEarthSquid said... (8/3/12 11:36 AM) Reply
FYI I enlarged the "Large" and it just barely fit my almost 6-year old's 21" cabeza... it would be my estimation that this pattern runs a teensy bit small. Great pattern, though. Her bird/flower hat is a sight to see!
BlackEarthSquid said... (6/19/12 10:27 AM) Reply
Karen, Great review and beautiful hats. I made this pattern too. I made a “M” for my 18–month old and I can tell you it does run small. Making a Large for my 5-year-old, right now. Because of my experience with the “M” size I enlarged 10% and I’m using a 3/8 seam allowance. I tried the “surgeon cap” on her last night and it seems to have created enough ease that she will be able to wear it through the summer. Very good advice to test the cap for size – and remember when you’ve added the reversible “second later” it will be even a bit smaller. So go carefully with sizing and be sure to build in the ease you need.
karen n said... (5/28/12 5:28 AM) Reply
JeanM, I recall finding this enlarging post. https://oliverands.com/forums/topic.php?id=854#post-6871 on the Oliver & S forum. Let us know if it works out! I might try enlarging next year.
ctirish said... (5/28/12 0:54 AM) Reply
Excellent review, it is great when more than the questions are answered. The hats look great, good colors and the stitching around it is precise. Awesome job
JeanM said... (5/27/12 10:42 PM) Reply
Very nice! I'm going to have to try this for my 8-yr old son...though I think I will have to try enlarging it a bit. I looked at the pattern, it looks like it wouldn't be too hard to make another size or two larger. Wish me luck!
Steffie said... (5/27/12 9:34 PM) Reply
Such cute hats! Excellent job!

StyleArc Elita