Pattern Reviews> StyleArc> Polly top (Polly top)

Reviewed by:LynnRowe

About LynnRowestarstarstar
Member since: 3/9/09
Posted on:5/28/12 12:49 PM
Last Updated:5/28/12 12:57 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 9 people

Sweater knit fabrics

Sewphie said... (4/27/13 2:57 AM) Reply
Nice job -- what a beautiful top! I've been on the fence about these patterns because of the shipping cost, but you may have influenced me to go ahead....
chucklehead said... (3/21/13 6:32 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review! I just received this pattern and am very glad I ordered it. Can't wait to give it a go.
AnneM said... (7/1/12 10:46 AM) Reply
Great shirt, and you can tell looking at it that the fabric has silk in it. Beautiful.
LynnRowe said... (6/2/12 3:47 PM) Reply
I seldom use my binder; you have to keep one seam open, with binders, and that interruption in the binding at the one shoulder seam bugs me, so normally I bind "in the round" and just coverstitch it. Don't tell anyone you got this from me, but when I want a REALLY perfect coverstitching (and not using a binder), coz it'll really show up on the finished garment, I hand-turn the coverstitch wheel for each stitch in the "must be really really perfect" zone. Total precision and control. Feels like cheating...but I don't care. :D
cleverkitty said... (6/2/12 3:25 PM) Reply
thanks LynnRowe for the tip on the neck binding, that is how I do it except now I have a coverstitch machine and from the looks of your binding I neeeeed the binder attachment!!!! I just purchased my first style arc pattern yesterday thanks for the shove I needed to buy it. I got a bonus pattern so the cost is justified in my mind. Thanks for responding :)
Karen Carr said... (5/30/12 8:31 AM) Reply
I've been thinking about trying a StyleArc pattern for a while and your lovely top has made me order. Great review - thanks.
Lynmarie said... (5/30/12 6:47 AM) Reply
Great job! Looks fantastic !!!!!
LynnRowe said... (5/29/12 7:21 PM) Reply
I wish someone in Canada would sell them, for the same reason, lol! Clever kitty, I used my Coverstitch machine and binder (which for some reason was hiding out in my tableware drawer) on the neck binding. You could also sew the binding strip right sides together to the neckline, stitch a 3/8" seam, and then turn the binding stip to the inside of the top. Secure by straight stitching with a single or twin needle. :)
fauxgetaboutit said... (5/29/12 6:00 PM) Reply
Love this top! I wish someone in the states would carry them so we could save a little $ on shipping.
Levone said... (5/29/12 2:11 PM) Reply
Gorgeous top!
portercs said... (5/29/12 11:23 AM) Reply
Great job!
cleverkitty said... (5/29/12 9:51 AM) Reply
very very nice top I agree the waterfall looks just right. how did you do the neck binding? did you bring it to the front and stitch it. I have been looking at these patterns, I am about to splurge on purchasing one, shipping to the States is as much as the patterns.
JanyceR said... (5/29/12 8:11 AM) Reply
Beautiful top. Another one for my StyleArc wish list
1SewSweet said... (5/29/12 5:22 AM) Reply
Very nice! Another great style arc pattern! Wish they weren't so expense for me! Shipping to Florida is a costly !
meggy said... (5/29/12 5:18 AM) Reply
I love it too! It looks perfect.
meggy said... (5/29/12 5:18 AM) Reply
I love it too! It looks perfect.
GoodbyeValntino said... (5/28/12 8:50 PM) Reply
So pretty and you did an amazing job!
JEF said... (5/28/12 1:27 PM) Reply
Love it. That color is just perfectly beautiful.
Loop51 said... (5/28/12 12:54 PM) Reply
Beautiful! You did a great job sewing the silk/lycra knit.

Simplicity 1997