Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Now & Zen Shirts (Now and Zen Shirts)

Reviewed by:marthamyers

About marthamyersstarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/14/05
Posted on:6/6/12 2:21 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests

Other Projects by marthamyers using this Pattern

antiquelvr56 said... (6/8/12 12:50 PM) Reply
Love this shirt! And what a beautiful job you've done on it. Thanks for reminding me about David's book, I have that one. Will use it when reworking the cuff as you did. Beautiful!
brissie71 said... (6/7/12 8:58 PM) Reply
This is a great shirt pattern - very interesting details, but I particularly love your fabric choice - feminine without being too fussy. Great review.
heathergwo said... (6/7/12 11:17 AM) Reply
Really nicely done! Looks super professionally finished! Really like the fabric too!
DorothyK said... (6/7/12 10:30 AM) Reply
This shirt is just beautiful and so well made. Thanks for a great review. I haven't made this pattern yet but you have reminded me about it. Will refer to your review when I make it.
blue mooney said... (6/7/12 8:15 AM) Reply
Great shirt and review! Thanks for sharing the interfacing and pattern details.
MNBarb said... (6/7/12 7:26 AM) Reply
This beautiful Liberty fabric was the perfect choice for this very detailed blouse. Your work is amazing and inspiring. I especially like the double collar, sleeve placket and vented back. what a perfect summer shirt.
FreyaStark said... (6/7/12 5:14 AM) Reply
A stylish and distinctive garment. It works well in that fabric (which I love!).
2 Airedales n Me said... (6/7/12 2:04 AM) Reply
Beautiful shirt! Love the fabric and your cuff detail. Thanks for sharing that. I was the reviewer who suggested not interfacing the fabric but obviously my Japanese dobby weave cotton was thicker than your Liberty cotton. Batiste is a great choice to just add a little something to the collar. In my case it would have been too much but I plan to make it again in a lighter cotton & will try your idea. I like to wear the shirt open as well as buttoned to the top. Love that double collar.
Dilliander said... (6/6/12 11:37 PM) Reply
Very chic and pretty shirt, the Liberty fabric will be so lovely to wear as well. Thanks for such a great review.
cmcarr said... (6/6/12 10:49 PM) Reply
Beautiful.
poppykettle said... (6/6/12 10:16 PM) Reply
I LOVE your fabric, and the close up photos show your attention to detail - meticulous. Love the shirt, especially the concealed front placket. Gorgeous!
PattyE said... (6/6/12 8:28 PM) Reply
Really cute shirt
mm said... (6/6/12 8:25 PM) Reply
What a great shirt.
JillyBe said... (6/6/12 8:14 PM) Reply
Such a beautiful job, and your review is filled with ideas and inspiration - I really love that cuff :)
ArtAttack said... (6/6/12 5:57 PM) Reply
I love this! You do impeccable work, beautiful details and love the double collar...great marriage of pattern and fabric, too.
Laurie Lou said... (6/6/12 3:53 PM) Reply
Ah, ha...I really like what you did with the sleeve "cuff". I think I might adapt this idea to a shirt I make next. And your fabric chioce works very well. I enjoyed visiting your blog, thanks for an interesting review and love your shirt.
Barbara V said... (6/6/12 2:33 PM) Reply
Very pretty Zen shirt in Liberty fabric. I like your use of cotton batiste interfacing to provide a bit of crispness to the collar. Looks great on you!

Sewing Workshop Tamari Apron Pattern