Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 1878 (Lisette Diplomat Dress)

Reviewed by:susank

About susank
PA USA
Member since: 1/26/03
Posted on:6/8/12 9:27 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
horrocl said... (6/11/14 8:08 PM) Reply
I love how the dress looks on you. Love your choice of fabric and I think adding the extra inches to the knee made it look even better. I don't see how anyone could go amiss with this pattern. Flattering design with any height.
writer04 said... (6/7/13 9:13 PM) Reply
I've had this pattern for a little while but haven't gotten around to making it yet. I'm going fabric shopping soon, and I think I'll try to find something for it. Your version looks great! I love the print too!
MissMaddiePi said... (5/1/13 10:37 AM) Reply
Beautiful! Both the dress and you in it! Thanks so much for the helpful tips and observations in your review - I'm most appreciative. WOW that fabric... I'm going to be thinking about it all day - seems like a good pattern so show off some great fabric.
MissMaddiePi said... (11/26/12 1:56 PM) Reply
This looks great on you! LOVE the print. The detailing is really fantastic - thanks for link to your blog. I've had this pattern for a while, and was having a hard time visualizing it and what fabric to use - but now I can definitely see that it will be perfect to show off a large floral wallpaper-y cotton print I've been holding on to waiting for the "perfect" pattern. Thanks to your review - and helpful tips - I believe I have found it!
susank said... (6/11/12 12:56 PM) Reply
JTink, the line across the bodice gave me pause at first, but it falls almost like a yoke.
JTink said... (6/10/12 10:51 AM) Reply
Very cute dress. I made up one for display at our Joann Fabrics. Only problem I have with this pattern, the seam in the bodice runs right across the bust. Would be hard for anyone larger than a B to carry it off.
Raye Ann said... (6/9/12 8:56 PM) Reply
great dress and great review! i haven't taken notice of this pattern before, but it's on my list now. the short sleeves are nice!
marec said... (6/9/12 11:22 AM) Reply
Wow, this is a terrific dress. Off to read more about this pattern (as if I need more patterns!).
JEF said... (6/9/12 10:09 AM) Reply
So pretty. Great tips in your review too!
zoe said... (6/8/12 10:59 PM) Reply
Cute dress
Sewncooknmom said... (6/8/12 10:30 PM) Reply
It looks very cute on you. I have this pattern in my ready to be sewn stash. So, I am eager to make it.
momsurfing said... (6/8/12 9:36 PM) Reply
i made and love this pattern too. nice fabric.

Sewing Workshop Chopin Blouse Pattern