Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5003 (Cruise Pant)

Reviewed by:Amanda L

About Amanda Lstar
NY USA
Member since: 4/24/02
Posted on:12/22/04 9:40 PM
Last Updated:12/22/04 9:49 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 26 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
Tee Jay said... (12/2/06 11:42 AM) Reply
I've had this pattern but reading your review and seeing your pic is giving me motivation to make them up. Thanks.
Tee Jay said... (12/2/06 11:37 AM) Reply
lornakismet said... (5/10/06 11:55 AM) Reply
Gawd, you've convinced me! I almost want to eat these pants for dessert! I'm going to order it soon. Thank you. -LornaKismet (Lorna A.)
Vera said... (5/3/06 10:21 AM) Reply
Great review. I am ordering based on the fact that I, too, am no longer in my 20s. I am on a quest for the perfect, easy-to-make, flattering, comfortable, well-fitting pants. Is that asking so much??
janetsmom said... (2/16/06 11:00 AM) Reply
This review convinced me that making the Cruise Pant wouldn't be a waste of time, especially the comment about those of us no longer in our twenties. I just finished the Soho Pant (love the fit) and want a pull on pant that isn't full at the waist.
SANDI DEVOY said... (12/28/04 10:34 AM) Reply
I love this pants pattern. I am WAY beyond my 20's and find it my "Go to".
sewsue said... (12/25/04 4:16 PM) Reply
Great fun review and informative too.
Amanda L said... (12/25/04 11:50 AM) Reply
Sorry for the duplicate, hit that back button automatically!
Amanda L said... (12/25/04 11:49 AM) Reply
I hope you guys like these pants as much as I do! About the ease, I should add that there is a large difference between my waist and hip measurements, maybe that affects the fit? As soon as I figure out how, I'll add a pic of the rear view.
Mini said... (12/24/04 5:00 PM) Reply
I found these sort of oversized, but maybe the larger sizes are drafted with more ease?? Pattern instructions never say this, but it's okay to put a zipper in elastic-waist pants (or skirts). This helps if you want to use a smaller size for a closer fit. An invisible zipper in center front or back is easy. No fly or placket needed- just use a wider seam allowance.
PegL said... (12/24/04 12:05 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for the great review! I recently got this pattern and was wondering if I'd made a mistake but am now eager to try it!
Deepika said... (12/23/04 7:24 PM) Reply
What a fun review! And I agree with Amanda about P&S Fabrics. Next year its definitely on our agend for PR Weekend. Gorgeous fabrics and the only place where I could find Tencel.
CarolynGM said... (12/23/04 4:49 PM) Reply
What a fun review to read this was! I wouldn't have considered this pattern until I read your review, but now I may have to get it!
Gloria Allender said... (12/23/04 7:07 AM) Reply
Thank you for the informative review. I, too, have never paid much attention to this pattern, but your review gives me pause and I think I will give it a try. Thanks.
Oziroo said... (12/23/04 6:26 AM) Reply
Thanks for the entertaining and informative review. I have made the Burda one-seam pant about ten times. Maybe it's time for a change!
Annette H said... (12/23/04 5:56 AM) Reply
Thanks for a thought-provoking, professional review - and for the stylish picture.
Karla Kizer said... (12/23/04 5:43 AM) Reply
Isn't it great to have a pants pattern you can rely on over and over? Love the review....
Danvillegirl said... (12/23/04 5:40 AM) Reply
Great review, sew much sew, that I am adding to my wish list.
Lavender Rose said... (12/22/04 10:41 PM) Reply
I also prefer these pants to the wider legged Oxfords. Maybe I cut mine a little larger as they are not too tight and I don't have to shimmy to put them on. Really a great, simple to make pattern.

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2014-122