Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6704 (Misses Shirts)

Reviewed by:MNBarb

About MNBarbstarstarstarstar
MN USA
Member since: 4/3/10
Posted on:6/16/12 7:42 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
Laurie Lou said... (7/10/12 4:48 PM) Reply
Just came across this shirt and I love it on you but do see the size down would work on you. I think I have every NL shirt pattern but this one! I love the lines of this and it looks great on you. Love the fabric choice..and the roominess will make it cooler in this blasted heat!
Annette1 said... (7/1/12 1:57 AM) Reply
:o))) Hey, I've gone out of the house with one navy sock and one black sock before, and my girlfriend at work wore two different SHOES to work one day. :o) What do they expect from us, after all? I really LOVE this top. I would kill to have your ARMS. Sometimes I just say, to HECK with it, I am making a SLEEVELESS (something), but then when it comes right down to it, I chicken out. I LOVE the little cap sleeves on this top.
1SewSweet said... (6/23/12 12:49 PM) Reply
Very nice! I love the fabric choice and thanks for the tip in where you purchased it! I made this one in a white cotton last year and love this pattern too!
Amanda.Claire said... (6/17/12 2:55 PM) Reply
Great shirt!! Another winner from you!
Silknmore said... (6/17/12 10:40 AM) Reply
Great summer top and such a wonderful fit too. Also, what a great fit on those shorts.
cocosloft said... (6/17/12 10:22 AM) Reply
What a good looking blouse! the placement of the princess seam looks perfect, good adjustment on your part, this is one I have to do as well. Fitting a fitted blouse is so tricky...nice work!
carolynw said... (6/17/12 10:10 AM) Reply
Nice looking top - have this pattern but haven't used it yet - will now move it up the "to do" line. This looks a perfect fit on you - maybe any extra ease is good for summer.
Sue Parrott said... (6/17/12 9:08 AM) Reply
Really cute top Barb! The navy buttons made me smile. I can't even count how many times i have put navy and black thread in my serger. Ugh!
mochimo said... (6/17/12 8:28 AM) Reply
Very pretty! I think the fit is great! I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who has problems with black and dark blue.
FreyaStark said... (6/17/12 7:43 AM) Reply
I think it is really nice as it is and not too big at all. As the others have said, you will be glad of the extra ease in hot weather. Sewing with black in artificial light certainly is difficult. It helps to have an extra lamp on the job, shining right on your work.
Fran G said... (6/17/12 7:39 AM) Reply
Very nicely fitting blouse for summer...and..navy with black is very chic and current! A question? Why did the front placket need to be on the bias? Was it just to highlight the striping? or is there another reason?
GoodbyeValntino said... (6/17/12 6:48 AM) Reply
Great blouse! The pattern was immediately place on my wishlist. Thanks for the review!
Margaret said... (6/17/12 6:40 AM) Reply
This looks great on you -- really nice shape to it! If it feels a little loose, it seems like it would be cooler to wear in summer. And personally I always have to sort my black/navy socks in natural light. :)
mm said... (6/17/12 0:52 AM) Reply
What a great top.
PattyE said... (6/16/12 10:50 PM) Reply
You're an excellant sewist...love this blouse.
cleverkitty said... (6/16/12 10:31 PM) Reply
So so nice Barb, I love this on you, Your so right about sewing Black, I hate it, so hard on the eyes. Self-underlined the entire shirt was extra work but in the end worth it. My sleeves don't fit as nice as yours, they are bit baggy according to DD :( Your shirt makes me want to sew it again...
Maree P said... (6/16/12 9:59 PM) Reply
Don't be hard on yourself Barb...I think your shirt fits nicely and you have sew it beautifully. In hot weather you will appreciate the looser fit...I know I do.
KathleenS said... (6/16/12 9:24 PM) Reply
Your shirt is nice, well done! It's annoying that it has too much ease, especially when the pattern photo suggests a very neat fit. Do you think the front band could be cut on the straight grain in a plain fabric? I always assumed with this pattern that the bias placket was only for the look (in a stripe), not for any construction reason.
Sew4Fun said... (6/16/12 9:17 PM) Reply
Great shirt and nice fit! It has lots of shape and isn't sacky at all. It should be cool in summer with the extra ease. And I know what you mean about sewing dark colours. I never thought of a miners headlamp, LOL!
Barbara V said... (6/16/12 8:51 PM) Reply
LOL about the navy blue buttons. Really...it looks great on you with what might be called a relaxed trim fit. Trim...that is what I thought of when I first looked at your image. Pretty fabric. Great job!
CypGrl said... (6/16/12 8:20 PM) Reply
What a great summer top. After just making two black dresses i can appreciate your humor about sewing black!

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns