Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3624 (Misses' top)

Reviewed by:brissie71

About brissie71star
Member since: 11/6/07
Posted on:6/18/12 3:32 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops
8dove8 said... (12/18/13 9:46 PM) Reply
This is stunning on you...love how you revised the neckline with a self fabric band and black accent at cleavage...I've had this pattern aprox 5 yrs...bought one for me and one for daughter...it's rare we can agree on clothing style...but never sewed it...now I will...thanks for the inspiration with a wonderful review...and so creative to do a maxi...
tillysue said... (4/7/13 5:21 PM) Reply
I honestly just joined this site based solely on this project of yours!!! I was googling patterns for plus sized maxi dresses and I love yours! Just ordered the pattern off ebay. I have three hunks of fabric that are hoping to become something like this :D
betty bushwacker said... (1/13/13 9:02 AM) Reply
Really? I was thumbing through my pattern stash yesterday and never gave this a second glance until I saw this. I love how you thought out of the box using what you had and came up with a winner. I'll be doing the same with mine and hope it comes out as well as yours did. Great job on this.
AnneM said... (7/2/12 9:01 PM) Reply
Fantastic job! Great idea, and such a nice look on you. Nice top pattern, and great dress.
waikikimum said... (6/27/12 9:21 PM) Reply
Wow, this dress is stunning on you. It complements your figure so well and as Sherril says ooh la la !!
idesign said... (6/26/12 2:44 PM) Reply
Great combination of fabric, colors, and the garment pattern. Looks great on you!
brissie71 said... (6/22/12 12:40 PM) Reply
Hi landstromd, I can't remember the exact details, but that sounds about right. It looks as though the initial strip was about 1 1/2 inches wide at the most. Thanks everyone for your positive reactions. I didn't think this dress was anything remarkable. It just goes to show the value of this place and sharing our ideas in general. Thanks again.
landstromd said... (6/22/12 11:01 AM) Reply
Wow, it's great! Thanks for the review, no matter the lenght of time, as Aless said, we plus size gals need all the reviews we can get! I'm curious about the band at the neckline, did you make it *** inches wide, fold in half and then serged raw edges to neckline? Thanks again
Sherril Miller said... (6/21/12 9:23 PM) Reply
Oh la la, I love it!
Schnauzer said... (6/21/12 2:07 AM) Reply
Almost missed this review! So glad I didn't. Your dress is gorgeous!
jannw said... (6/20/12 1:07 PM) Reply
Love it!! I hadn't thought about a maxi since all the ones I've seen are so bare...this is perfect!!
khurtdvm said... (6/19/12 10:27 PM) Reply
Looks great!
JEF said... (6/19/12 11:35 AM) Reply
Definitely a winner!
Sew4Fun said... (6/19/12 5:17 AM) Reply
Awesome dress! It's so flattering. I love it!
DaisyA said... (6/19/12 3:29 AM) Reply
Great job, great print, great dress :()
Vonnevo said... (6/19/12 0:34 AM) Reply
A very styling dress Kelley !!! Love the fabric !!!
Aless said... (6/18/12 9:52 PM) Reply
Fantastic job on this one, brissie71 ! We plus sized girls really need these pattern successes to be reviewed- thanks for doing this one.
JudiBee2 said... (6/18/12 7:18 PM) Reply
That's really nice. I have that one, but never made it. How it fit the bust really shows your skill.
nellc said... (6/18/12 6:51 PM) Reply
Fabulous maxi dress!
jacqui rocks said... (6/18/12 6:20 PM) Reply
Wow, this dress is great.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (6/18/12 6:17 PM) Reply
Perfect fabric - your maxi dress looks great!
MNBarb said... (6/18/12 6:07 PM) Reply
You look terrific in this dress. It's fitted enough to be really flattering but looks so comfortable. Nice work!
4u2cme said... (6/18/12 5:31 PM) Reply
This turned out to be a great maxi dress fro you. I love the print!!
halleyscomet said... (6/18/12 4:31 PM) Reply
Wow...I like it better as a maxi dress! Love the choice of fabric too! Looks darling on you!
Dale C said... (6/18/12 4:06 PM) Reply
It's such a lovely maxi dress. Looks terrific on you.
Sassy T said... (6/18/12 4:01 PM) Reply
This looks absolutely fabulous on you. On the pattern it looks bleugh to me. You totally sell this pattern.
TJSEWS said... (6/18/12 3:59 PM) Reply
It is absolutely gorgeous and I love the print.
JillyBe said... (6/18/12 3:53 PM) Reply
This looks so good on you! What a great pattern to convert to maxi :)

by: chuichoy