Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8813 (Misses' Dress )

Reviewed by:cocosloft

About cocosloftstarstarstar
FL United States
Member since: 3/17/12
Posted on:6/19/12 6:14 PM
Last Updated:6/19/12 6:19 PM

Mandolin82 said... (7/17/12 0:29 AM) Reply
I'd been wondering how this would work as a maxi/midi dress. Your review (and blog) were VERY helpful. Thanks!
Sar sews said... (6/22/12 6:06 AM) Reply
Looks great, and many thanks for construction comments.
cocosloft said... (6/22/12 0:46 AM) Reply
All of you are so wonderful, I have apologized to my dress for any doubts I may have had...thank you!
threaddy said... (6/21/12 10:01 PM) Reply
How did you get the shoes to match? The dress is absolutely Escadaesque. The combination of fabrics came off perfectly. I am most impressed
1SewSweet said... (6/21/12 8:10 PM) Reply
Coco you may have been on the fence with this one, but as usual, you knocked this one out of the park!!! I would love to take this off your hands! Gorgeous!
GoodbyeValntino said... (6/20/12 7:19 PM) Reply
I really love the long casual dresses you make. This one included! Thanks for the review.
Merche said... (6/20/12 1:11 PM) Reply
Those fabrics are so unique. Your review is really good!
Karine said... (6/20/12 8:23 AM) Reply
Very helpful review - thank you!!! I love your dress - your choice of fabric seems perfect for the style - both the coordinating prints and the woven cotton. I especially like the length - it is much more flattering.
Kathy7661 said... (6/20/12 8:01 AM) Reply
Lovely dress and a well written review!
Fran G said... (6/20/12 7:13 AM) Reply
Very charming version of this dress! You have a wonderful "eye" for fabric selection. I especially appreciate your detailed instructions regarding the shirring section of this dress. Thanks!
mm said... (6/19/12 11:03 PM) Reply
Great summer dress.
JillyBe said... (6/19/12 10:24 PM) Reply
This pattern is winging its way to me, and I'll definitely refer to your very helpful review when I'm ready to sew it :) Love your print fabrics, and that you were so successful at doing it in a woven. Great job!
zoe said... (6/19/12 10:06 PM) Reply
Just beautiful! Love the Matisse influence in your fabric.
cocosloft said... (6/19/12 8:56 PM) Reply
Thank you all, such nice compliments. I want to lend you my dress or have you over for lemonade or both!
CSY said... (6/19/12 8:48 PM) Reply
Coco, I went to your blog and completely enjoyed it! Your take on the dress is wonderful and I loved and appreciated your technical construction upgrades to it. Thanks for posting.
Claverie said... (6/19/12 8:46 PM) Reply
Thanks for doing this review. I, too, much prefer cotton and wondered just how well it would perform in this pattern. Your dress is absolutely something to study. I like your take on it. Thanks for the pointers, too.
FreyaStark said... (6/19/12 8:32 PM) Reply
Lovely! The way you've worked your inspirations into the finished dress is clever, and you've made the dress look nicer and more appealing than the envelope illustration.
said... (6/19/12 7:53 PM) Reply
Looks like a perfect humid summer dress. I love the fabric, I love the dress.
RadarRadiance said... (6/19/12 7:39 PM) Reply
Looks great, what a fun dress to wear. Enjoyed your blog!
MarshaG. said... (6/19/12 6:57 PM) Reply
Your version of this dress is my absolute favorite! The use of two coordinating prints really makes the dress. I like your version enough to want one for myself, and I'm not normally one to make the more loosely fitted garments. Thanks for your review!

by: BlueSkysAh...