Pattern Reviews> Sewaholic Patterns> 1103 (Minoru Jacket)

Reviewed by:goosegreen

About goosegreenstarstarstar
NSW Australia
Member since: 1/9/05

Best Patterns of 2012
Posted on:6/20/12 0:59 AM
Last Updated:6/20/12 1:07 AM
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

Vesta Patterns

vestapatterns.com

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Pattycrafty said... (1/1/13 12:42 PM) Reply
I love the fabric!! I understand the cognitive dissonance with making something that everyone raves about -- and your experience is so different...been there done that, myself, and especially with an expensive pattern!! You conquered!
ClaireSky said... (10/19/12 10:59 AM) Reply
I am sorry you had so much trouble with this pattern. Besides the sizing, it looks beautiful! It's the nicest coat I have seen in this pattern yet.
greenandlilac said... (10/9/12 1:28 PM) Reply
Your last sentence made me laugh quite a bit! I am not a size 0 either.
lynny said... (6/22/12 9:18 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket Alison, love the colour, fits you well. You need to put it in the magic wardrobe for a bit, all that hassle making it you just gotta get some wear out of it!
portercs said... (6/20/12 6:37 PM) Reply
So sorry the pattern did not work well for you....but I love the jacket color!
RadarRadiance said... (6/20/12 9:41 AM) Reply
I think it looks great on you, aren't you glad to finally have it done??? All your work but you have a fantastic jacket after all that ;-)
mssewcrazy said... (6/20/12 7:11 AM) Reply
Your jacket is really good looking-too bad it was such a pain to get to this point. I too think you will get a lot of admiration for this one.
margk said... (6/20/12 5:57 AM) Reply
Definitely worth it! Looks great.
Sarsez said... (6/20/12 5:31 AM) Reply
Great colour - my favourite sort of red. Well done for finishing it and not dragging it out into the back yard and setting fire to it!
Cuffs said... (6/20/12 5:24 AM) Reply
For all that trouble, that sure is one lovely jacket! I bet you will forget the whole trying ordeal soon enough and enjoy all the compliments you'll be getting (and I bet they already started). I can't think of anything more cheerful in the rain than the sight of the lady in red!
Anne Cherry said... (6/20/12 4:21 AM) Reply
HA! Success!!! For all that hassle, this looks great! Really like it on you!
Schnauzer said... (6/20/12 3:55 AM) Reply
Nice jacket, Alison.
KaSchu said... (6/20/12 2:19 AM) Reply
Oops!
KaSchu said... (6/20/12 2:18 AM) Reply
Hilarious review. The colour is gorgeous and the jacket looks good. Well done for persevering.
Sew4Fun said... (6/20/12 1:52 AM) Reply
I admire your perserverance in finishing this. Hopefully the magic wardrobe will do it's thing and you'll like it after some time apart. I think it looks nice in your photos.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (6/20/12 1:45 AM) Reply
I love the colour and at least you ended up with a great raincoat (apart from the wet hands!)
velosewer said... (6/20/12 1:32 AM) Reply
We really did go through a lot getting this pattern to work. I'm really pleased you've finished your version.
Renata said... (6/20/12 1:31 AM) Reply
Best review I have read in years, can't stop laughing. But seriously, the jacket is not as bad as you make out and it did protect you in the rain recently. So learn to love it and it will love you back. It really is a great jacket on you.
rivergum said... (6/20/12 1:23 AM) Reply
It actually looks quite flash. Are you sure you are not being a bit hard on yourself?
mastdenman said... (6/20/12 1:11 AM) Reply
I'm sorry that you had so much trouble with this pattern, but your jacket is really nice. It looks like it was worth it in the end.

Ottobre Design Magazine 04-2007-38