Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1310 (Misses Top and Skirt)

Reviewed by:chenille

About chenillestar
Member since: 7/4/11
Posted on:6/23/12 3:27 AM
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Skirts

Vesta Patterns

vestapatterns.com

schmammy said... (5/1/13 10:00 AM) Reply
Gorgeous skirt...design, sew out, and fit!
chenille said... (6/27/12 9:32 PM) Reply
gsp - omitting the tie gives allows you more choices as to the kind of top you wear. I have a royal blue cowl top - shirred and very fitted that when paired with this skirt makes it look very evening. I did end up with an elastic waist - but when I make this again, I'll be playing with waistline to find a way to omit the elastic and make the upper section fitted. I want to see your top! Did you interface it as per the instructions?
gsp1066 said... (6/26/12 12:44 PM) Reply
You and your skirt look fabulous. Did you make your top knit top, too? I just made the bias T in this pattern out of leftover linen and jersey. I love it. This pattern is a winner. It hadn't occurred to me that you can omit the tie and the skirt still stays up. Now I will make the skirt, too.
VivianZ said... (6/24/12 8:16 AM) Reply
Great skirt. I looked at this pattern, and love the way you made it look less formal. thanks.
imsewcrazy said... (6/24/12 7:55 AM) Reply
Very pretty!Looks great on you!
LizJaneB said... (6/24/12 5:17 AM) Reply
Lovely! I've been dying to see this made up, I've for the pattern but it's in 'the queue'.
GBK said... (6/24/12 0:07 AM) Reply
Very pretty and summerly maxi skirt! Love the print. :)
ArtAttack said... (6/23/12 10:07 PM) Reply
I loved this pattern in the book and hoped to see it made up...love your version!
portercs said... (6/23/12 5:25 PM) Reply
This outfit looks fabulous on you. Great job!
chenille said... (6/23/12 3:40 PM) Reply
Thanks! I've just been catching up with posting reviews. It has been such a big help to me to read reviews of patterns before buying/sewing that I wanted to contribute too! I still want to conquer pant fitting because it's like winter for most of the year up here!
Sue Parrott said... (6/23/12 9:17 AM) Reply
This is such an interesting skirt and I have to say I never thought about omitting the tie. The drape and fit are wonderful! Nice work!
crazygrad said... (6/23/12 9:02 AM) Reply
Tres belle! Very dramatic!
MNBarb said... (6/23/12 8:50 AM) Reply
Forget the pants-fitting, dresses are where you need to be when you look this good in them. The sway of this skirt is so nice and I love the print you've chosen.
MegquiltsinVT said... (6/23/12 7:31 AM) Reply
I've ordered this pattern for my son's wedding next year (I think). Glad to hear of your success; looks great.
CissieW said... (6/23/12 6:30 AM) Reply
Great looking maxi skirt. You've been a busy sewer lately!

Tessuti Mandy Boat Neck Tee