Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3156 (Misses top copied in PMB)

Reviewed by:Debbie Cook

About Debbie Cookstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/11/02

Posted on:12/27/04 1:44 AM
Last Updated:12/27/04 1:44 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Suits / Separates    Pants
VJGertzen said... (10/27/06 2:23 PM) Reply
Maqde the top in a poly spandex, with the short sleeves cut the neckline a little higher, but was very disappointed with the cut of the armhole, found it extremely deep and was not happy with the way thesleeve looked because of this. Liked the rest of the pattern, and would use it again, but would definiately recut the armhole higher by about 2 inches and alter the sleeve accordingly.
potter said... (3/13/05 10:23 AM) Reply
I'm so curious....what is PMB???
Danvillegirl said... (12/28/04 5:56 PM) Reply
Very nice top. Helpful instructions with PMB.
Debbie Cook said... (12/28/04 10:19 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone for all of your nice comments! Hilary, yes the binding is a knit too and I updated the review to include that info. Sherril, hold out for that CS machine!! You've got fitting nailed! Mary Ann, I have a Babylock standalone CS machine, which takes binding attachments. I'm not sure if they will fit the Elna. Jan, dart override can be used to move part of the bust dart into the armhole or snug up the armhole by moving any excess into the bust dart.
AnneM said... (12/28/04 9:15 AM) Reply
Great job copying the style. Your afternoon picture is too cute.
Katharine in BXL said... (12/28/04 2:16 AM) Reply
What a cute & sunny top. You sure look wiped out after a night of fiendish sewing!
Plantwizard said... (12/27/04 12:28 PM) Reply
Debbie, what is "dart override"? I just got PMB for Christmas and have played with it using "Sample Measurements" but haven't gotten my measurements taken yet.
Mary Ann said... (12/27/04 12:24 PM) Reply
Wow! Great job. I'm curious about the neckline finish. Love it. What coverstitch machine do you have? I have an Elna 945 that I severely underuse. Can it do this ?
Levone said... (12/27/04 12:24 PM) Reply
Pretty top and very neat binding.
Liana said... (12/27/04 11:39 AM) Reply
Very pretty and it looks so good on you! Great colors, and your finishing is so professional.
marya said... (12/27/04 11:00 AM) Reply
What a wonderfully helpful review! Thanks for including all the details that move a project from homemade to professionally done. I really appreciate your sharing
PVA said... (12/27/04 10:35 AM) Reply
That color is so great on you! Beautiful top -- I do agree with you about the narrow hems curling up being a distraction! However, it is still a really great top. (Love the photo of your Christmas afternoon break!)
Sherril Miller said... (12/27/04 9:34 AM) Reply
Very pretty top with nice colors. I've been thinking about this pattern for myself. I think it's the hemline that attracts me. You've got fit down with PMB, I'm almost tempted but I want that CS machine more!
Hilary said... (12/27/04 8:29 AM) Reply
Great review, Debbie! I was wondering, is the neck binding also a knit fabric? Your top is really pretty, I lovethat fabric! I was out like a light Christmas afternoon too- I had gotten up at 5am and traced off, cut out and sewed 3/4's of the vest I had been planning for my Dad but hadn't gotten too-it's still not complertely finished, but I was able to at least wrap it and give it to him unfinished(but almost, lol).
jlg said... (12/27/04 6:01 AM) Reply
Debbie, your top turned out great. I like the color on you.

BurdaStyle Magazine 10-2012-117

by: motorharp

by: knitmachin...

J Stern Designs The Tee Paper Pattern

J Stern Designs The Tee Paper Pattern

Sew Chic MyrtleWood Dress Pattern (ln7401)

Sew Chic MyrtleWood Dress Pattern (ln7401)