Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7834 (Blouse)

Reviewed by:Deepika

About Deepikastarstarstarstar
MA United States
Member since: 11/28/01
Posted on:6/25/12 10:59 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
Vintage Joan said... (7/20/12 10:06 PM) Reply
The more I look at this pattern, the more I love that band that wraps around the back.
Laurie Lou said... (7/11/12 5:12 PM) Reply
Totally agree with MNBarb...this is super cute on you. And the sleeves are fun!
Vintage Joan said... (6/27/12 8:06 PM) Reply
Very summery, and hey, this style looks so great on you! A youthful version of the classic tunic. Lovely fabric, too. I'm sure what JEF said about using a lighter fabric makes sense, though -- that would make it "floatier." :)
carolynw said... (6/26/12 7:15 PM) Reply
This is so cute on you - please love it and wear it!!
darlow said... (6/26/12 6:11 PM) Reply
My reaction upon seeing your photo is that this is a wonderful pattern for you.
Margaret said... (6/26/12 5:55 PM) Reply
I think it looks great on you! I agree with LisaPiecer... the linen may soften up noticeably over time too.
FionaJane said... (6/26/12 4:57 PM) Reply
Very cute top! It looks great on you.
sewmaris said... (6/26/12 11:39 AM) Reply
I think the style us actually flattering - but agree the fabric choice is probably not ideal for the pattern. Darn! I hate when I mismatch fabric and pattern! Yet another learnign adventure! Nice job anyway...
MNBarb said... (6/26/12 11:30 AM) Reply
I'm going to disagree with you on all counts when it comes to this review. Did you LOOK at the photos when you posted them to see how great this top is on you? Wear it, wear it! What's not to like; it's flattering, the color lights you up, it's floaty and airy for summer, etc, etc. I agree that some projects get to be favorites later but don't tuck this one away in the closet. The time is now.
nicolaluk said... (6/26/12 10:52 AM) Reply
Deepika, its gorgeous, and I just love it. I even love the sleeves which I think are different but not in a bad way.
Deepika said... (6/26/12 10:46 AM) Reply
Donna, thanks for the tip. I might have to bring this top to you so you can show me :) You guys have convinced me to make this again in a lightweight cotton with your nice comments. The fit is actually pretty nice.
Christas said... (6/26/12 10:16 AM) Reply
Very pretty top on you! I hope you decide you love it since it really does look nice. Love that fabric, too.
LisaPiecer said... (6/26/12 10:05 AM) Reply
The linen will probably soften with washing. I think it looks great on you. The point about the zipper is that you wouldn't need one if the fabric had some give, but linen doesn't stretch so much. So I think the zipper can be optional but you have to really think about the give of the fabric.
slee said... (6/26/12 9:21 AM) Reply
This is a cute top!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (6/26/12 9:05 AM) Reply
Oh, but never a mediocre SMILE, Deepika ;D
JEF said... (6/26/12 8:56 AM) Reply
Like margk I had to go back and look at the sleeves - didn't notice a thing the first time except what a pretty top it was and how flattering it was on you. Looks much better on you than the envelope pattern. If the sleeves bug you, PLEASE make it again in a lighter linen/other fabric because this is way too cute on you not to wear!
Elke said... (6/26/12 7:59 AM) Reply
Lovely top and it looks very cute on you! Great fabric choice and this top is very flattering on you!
FreyaStark said... (6/26/12 7:55 AM) Reply
It is true that the sleeves do not sit well, but other than that it's a lovely top and too good to waste so I hope you wear it and forget about the sleeves. I would like to make this pattern myself if only it came a size or two bigger.
donna mel said... (6/26/12 7:25 AM) Reply
You finally made it! I love it. I re-cut the sleeves on mine, at more of an angle, to get rid of the wing. Also, I inserted a small triangle of fabric into the V, for modesty sake.
Dee Z said... (6/26/12 7:07 AM) Reply
From the picture, the sleeves don't stick out; it looks very flattering on you. I like the simple lines of this top
1SewSweet said... (6/26/12 5:34 AM) Reply
This top is really cute on you! I really like how summery it looks!
Sherril Miller said... (6/26/12 2:49 AM) Reply
I would never have looked at this pattern without your review. It's so pretty.
mm said... (6/26/12 1:20 AM) Reply
It looks charming.
ArtAttack said... (6/26/12 0:49 AM) Reply
Cute top...looks cool and comfy!
margk said... (6/26/12 0:30 AM) Reply
I had to go back to look at the sleeves - I didn't notice anything! This is a gorgeous print and from the photos looks very cute on you.

by: Lori V