Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 1945 (Misses and Womens Pants, Skirt, and Knit Top and Cardigan)

Reviewed by:Amy-may

About Amy-maystarstar
Member since: 6/7/05
Posted on:6/26/12 11:54 PM
Last Updated:7/3/12 0:28 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Suits / Separates    Pants    Plus    Skirts
mochimo said... (8/17/13 8:42 AM) Reply
Very nice review! I would never have thought of so many variations.
sewing for fun said... (8/14/12 5:49 PM) Reply
What a great top with such variety! #7, the blue print tank top is my personal favorite. You are SO creative!
fauxgetaboutit said... (7/3/12 11:02 AM) Reply
Great use of this pattern and up cycling of goodwill and wall world stuff! I'm so impressed!
Lori V said... (7/3/12 9:35 AM) Reply
Amazing job on all the tops, each one unique and wonderful.
Terri A said... (7/1/12 9:15 PM) Reply
Wow - and how did you manage so much in a state of sleep deprivation, I ask? :-) Nice tops - perfect price.
MelissaB in WA said... (6/29/12 10:04 AM) Reply
You are brilliant and amazing - I can't pick a favorite, but you sure have inspired me. I have had this pattern in my stash since it came out last fall - looks like I'll be pulling this out for the pattern stash contest.
kremmer said... (6/28/12 0:33 AM) Reply
Lovely selection! I particularly love the stretch lace version. Such a good idea!
annakeeton said... (6/27/12 8:51 PM) Reply
Wow, this is a serious inspiration for me to try this pattern that I have in stash but wasn't sure about. Super tops!
allycovey said... (6/27/12 4:02 PM) Reply
Okay Amy you got it. Love them all and you did such a great job mixing it up!!!
Levone said... (6/27/12 3:54 PM) Reply
Great looking tops (and dress)! You went above and beyond with creativity! I would have never imagine these being made from the same pattern. You chose some great fabrics as well.
Larkin said... (6/27/12 3:08 PM) Reply
Wow! I love it!
jannw said... (6/27/12 11:43 AM) Reply
Very clever ideas!! All the tops look great...
CTBarb said... (6/27/12 10:27 AM) Reply
Great composite and great job! I love them all and you would never know that its the same pattern.
RadarRadiance said... (6/27/12 10:22 AM) Reply
I love this pattern, have made up the cowl but enjoyed seeing all your versions made from it. I cut my cowl pattern and decided I liked it so much bought another one just to keep all the sizes on it. Excellent review of the pattern. What I thought was strange about this pattern was it needs a knit but still tells you to cut the cowl on the bias? How did you do yours?
MamaSewing said... (6/27/12 10:07 AM) Reply
Wow, so many cute tops out of one pattern. You were so creative and it has really paid off!
Nan Kay said... (6/27/12 9:06 AM) Reply
I admire your creativity! All of your versions look wonderful, and a great review.
Azrose said... (6/27/12 7:06 AM) Reply
I love everyone of these shirts especially the one with the lace! Your ideas got my ole brain synapses a firing, especially the ones when you repurposed fabric garments found at Goodwill and Walmart. A major problem I have is finding fabric I want to sew. You have done so, and at such a reasonable cost!
velosewer said... (6/27/12 3:36 AM) Reply
Each piece is really lovely and individual.
CynthiaSue said... (6/27/12 1:58 AM) Reply
I just love a raglan tee!! thanks for pointing out this pattern. You look fabulous. and all the variations are very creative.
Sharonspils said... (6/27/12 1:44 AM) Reply
Fantastic tops and thank you so much for all the details.
Judy Kski said... (6/27/12 1:38 AM) Reply
You've shown such creativity with this pattern. I love all your fabric choices and mixed origins. : )
marec said... (6/27/12 1:10 AM) Reply
Fun! I love every single garment you made from this pattern. Great job Amy May!
Sherril Miller said... (6/27/12 0:36 AM) Reply
Oh my! those are cute tops. I'm thrilled I have this pattern. It's in my pile for next month's contest.
ChristmasHills said... (6/27/12 0:31 AM) Reply
Wow! I need to make an effort to be more imaginative. Your versions are so clever and no one would even think they were the same pattern (not that it would matter if they did). Great job and they are all so beautifully sewn.
Plays with Fire said... (6/27/12 0:27 AM) Reply
Wow great job! Thanks for all the details.

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns