Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6116 (Misses' Dresses In 2 Lengths and Sash)

Reviewed by:Naninak

About Naninak
AK USA
Member since: 2/19/09
Posted on:3/31/13 3:00 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
jlg said... (4/1/13 5:51 AM) Reply
This is fantastic on you. The embroidery adds a beautiful touch.
2 Airedales n Me said... (4/1/13 0:08 AM) Reply
Va-va-voom! What a gorgeous little dress. Fits you so nicely too. Welcome spring!!
KathleenS said... (3/31/13 7:42 PM) Reply
Nice dress. I do agree with persevering - it's alarming that the pattern is so over-sized (a 36" bust should be a 14). But you've certainly got a good result. I have this pattern so thanks for the warning. I'm amazed by your embroidered buttons too. I had just about concluded that you did the dress embroidery to match bought buttons before I read what you wrote.
Naninak said... (3/31/13 3:50 PM) Reply
Hi, I made no adjustments and just went with the size on the pattern. My bust is a 36a and turns into a b with a bra. I have a wide upper torso. It fits fine with it buttoned. The ease comes with the princess seaming, and that is why I mentioned the pockets restricting a little ease at the bustline.
persevering said... (3/31/13 3:22 PM) Reply
Your dress is lovely... call me Perplexed though - you sewing a size 8 for a 36"bust? (yes, I can read/see that you leave the top button undone.... ? and that is all ? can you explain more ... about the ease/measurements....? :)
persevering said... (3/31/13 3:21 PM) Reply