Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> West End (West End Top and Pants)

Reviewed by:marthamyers

About marthamyersstarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/14/05
Posted on:6/29/12 12:53 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants
FreyaStark said... (9/26/12 5:00 AM) Reply
I am sorry you had a disappointing experience. Thanks for a useful review.
sfshaza said... (7/24/12 11:43 AM) Reply
Yes, those are definitely far too large for you. But I also agree that, with alterations, these could be a winner. Thanks for your honest review.
Michele Lommasson said... (7/2/12 11:03 AM) Reply
It is too bad about the pants. I have found that many of the latest Sewing Workshop bottoms have way too much fabric around the waist for my figure, and must be altered significantly. That said, there are figure types for which they are absolutely stunning, and slimming. For me, large hips, small waist: I find that adding darts and an invisible zipper with a way less gathered elastic waist is what suits me best. Thank you for being the brave guinea pig for this pattern.
Karine said... (7/2/12 10:45 AM) Reply
Sorry these didn't live up to your expectations. I do appreciate your review, however. You'll save many of us lots of grief, I'm sure. I like the idea of using the Urban pants waistband. Can't wait to see your creation of the West End top. From the pattern, it looks like it's got lots of potential.
blue mooney said... (6/30/12 12:57 PM) Reply
You must be the first one off the mark with this pattern! Thanks for posting a very helpful and honest review.
DorothyK said... (6/30/12 9:49 AM) Reply
What a disappointment. I'm always wary about elastic waists because of the gathering in the tummy area. I think your planned changes will really help. I hope you repost this when you finish the altered version.
Barbara V said... (6/29/12 6:06 PM) Reply
Sorry for your disappointment on these pants that appear to be promising on the pattern envelope and description. I'm thinking with changes to a flat front waistband as you mention, shortened length and more fitted, these could move possibly towards the "favorites" list. Thanks for your review which will help future sewists of these pants. It's a cute ensemble pattern - wish I had it. Good luck with the "rip, rip" thing!
KensingtonCrab said... (6/29/12 3:55 PM) Reply
I like the pants and they look very comfy!

by: rmusic1