Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1183 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:CatMukai

About CatMukaistar
Member since: 5/31/07
Posted on:7/1/12 9:02 PM

CatMukai said... (7/12/12 3:36 PM) Reply
Koushite, here are two links to how I did the underlining with a mock Hong Kong finish: http://laurasewingroom.blogspot.com/2008/04/underlining-and-hong-kong-seam.html http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/review/readreview.pl?readreview=1&ID=1044 Good luck!
mz.choize said... (7/4/12 11:16 PM) Reply
Soo gorgeous on you!
Koushite said... (7/4/12 8:06 AM) Reply
Love it! I'll take the dress and the dog! To finish the seams, I assume you wrapped the silk organza around them sort of Hong Kong fashion? I have some silk tweed for a suit and I'm thinking perhaps should underline it in silk organza rather than block fuse to prevent skirt from "seating out". Would appreciate your thoughts on this. Thanks so much. You are so talented!
waltzqueen said... (7/3/12 10:36 PM) Reply
What pot belly?? You did a wonderful job with your alterations and the fabric is lovely and a good color for you. Thanks for the detailed review.
Heatherrique said... (7/3/12 4:50 PM) Reply
Truly sleek looking dress on you!
mesewlot said... (7/3/12 2:14 AM) Reply
I've been wanting to make this pattern~ I'm glad to see your choice of fabric, VERY nice! It looks so good on you, and I love the color. Thanks for this very helpful review!
mochimo said... (7/2/12 10:46 AM) Reply
Love your dress! I also have this pattern but was wondering why I purchased it. Your dress inspires me. Beautiful color, also. And I love the nice finish of the underlining.
CatMukai said... (7/2/12 10:33 AM) Reply
Hi sewnotwork, I only underlined the skirt because I wanted the skirt seams to be finished, since I didn't have enough lining fabric to line the skirt. I interfaced all the bodice pieces, which is why I didn't underline them. I love underlining, I hope you are finding it useful!
sewnotwork said... (7/2/12 9:57 AM) Reply
Great! Did you underline the top also? Why did you underline skirt? More body? New at underlining concept and when it is a good idea to do it.
Sue Parrott said... (7/2/12 9:37 AM) Reply
Great color, the dress fits well and you look cute in it! What pot belly? I don't see one!
jlg said... (7/2/12 7:28 AM) Reply
Very, very pretty.
goal100 said... (7/2/12 5:47 AM) Reply
It's beautiful! I love the colour, too!
KatC83 said... (7/2/12 5:01 AM) Reply
What a stunning dress, and a perfect fit!
SewWil said... (7/2/12 0:32 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress!
GoodbyeValntino said... (7/1/12 9:09 PM) Reply
Your dress turned out very cute! Thanks for the review.

Cutting Line Designs 21406