Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6124 (Misses Dress)

Reviewed by:CissieW

About CissieWstarstarstarstar
NC USA
Member since: 1/21/07
Posted on:7/10/12 11:13 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
lucywyatt6 said... (2/22/14 4:37 PM) Reply
I am trying to do View A of this pattern and I am now stuck on page two under step 11. I am not completely sure how to add the facing on to the dress. I have tried once and it was on the wrong side. I took it off and now I am not sure if I sew it the way step 11 says to, I do not see how I can turn it to the right side. Additionally, I have cut the pattern too small for me so I am not sure how I can add material to make it bigger. Help, help, help…Please…
gautrann said... (6/10/13 2:30 PM) Reply
This dress looks lovely on you. I am in the process of making this dress in a red linen print. I hope mine turns out as well as yours!
MexicNaomi said... (5/30/13 10:27 AM) Reply
I am using this pattern to make a very original dress. Just cut it out and am excited to see how it goes...
kathlabath said... (7/16/12 10:33 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress! LOVE the colour!
KarlaB said... (7/13/12 10:05 AM) Reply
What a beautiful dress! I know you will feel special wearing it, especially with couture technique inside. It looks lovely on you!
GoodbyeValntino said... (7/13/12 8:36 AM) Reply
This is absolutely beautiful!
Laurie Lou said... (7/11/12 1:13 PM) Reply
Your dress is so nice on your slender frame. It looks SO nice on you! I love NL also ...very good choice for you along with the color!
margk said... (7/10/12 6:25 PM) Reply
Those fabrics must feel lovely to wear! And the style really suits you. Nice work.
Dilliander said... (7/10/12 5:29 PM) Reply
Lovely dress. I've been doing Susan's class too so while I can't see all the details on the inside I am aware of the love that went into making this. It must feel beautiful to wear.
TJSEWS said... (7/10/12 3:35 PM) Reply
I love your dress! It fits you quite nicely too. And no, the peplums do not make you look hippy at all.
RadarRadiance said... (7/10/12 2:41 PM) Reply
looks great on you, love it!
zoe said... (7/10/12 1:29 PM) Reply
Absolutely lovely! I can't imagine a dress without a lining either. All that work anyway; why not go the extra mile and make it fabulous and really great to wear.
Amanda.Claire said... (7/10/12 11:42 AM) Reply
Your dress is so pretty and flattering. I am sure the couture details will have it lasting a lot longer too.

THE BASIC SLEEVE, a CD book by Kenneth King