Pattern Reviews> Burda> 9500 (girl's pants)

Reviewed by:michelle_01

Project Photo:photo4

Pattern Photo:Burda 9500
Burda Pattern Info
Pattern Rating:Recommend, with Modifications
See other patterns in this category: Pants    Kids(boys & girls)
Current Tags What is a Tag:
Fabric:Denim  [See other projects in this fabric]
Update:

I just wanted to update this review to show 3 more pairs I recently made for my daughter. This is officially my go to jeans pattern for my daughter. And I guess I have to accept the skinny jeans are here to stay. I couldn't get pictures fresh off the machine because my daughter loves them and wears them all the time. These pictures are after numerous wears and washes.

New Jeans

Hot Pink Pair: I used hot pink denim from Fabric.com and I made a cherry motif with red and green rhinestones.

Baby Blue Pair: I used baby blue denim from Fabric.com. I finally embroidered something after having my machine for 2 years. It's a butterfly with metallic silver thread accented with silver rhinestones

Cheetah Print: I used cheetah print denim from EOS and created paw print motifs out of black and silver rhinestones on the back. All pairs have rhinestone rivets.

Pattern Notes: I had to reshape the yoke and alter the back for room in the booty again. This time I didn't have any problems with fly. Maybe its just weird and out of proportion for the smaller sizes. There's no elastic in the waist in these pair so I really had to fine tune the yoke to get a good fit.

These were really fun to make because my daughter had a say in the design process. She picked out the fabric and made decisions on the details. I never would've thought to put cherries on back pockets, lol.

Conclusion: My daughter loves them and the whole process was really fun. These are officially my go to jeans pattern for my daughter.

---
Pattern Description: Girls skinny jeans

Pattern Sizing:128-164/ 8-14 juniors, I made the smallest size 128

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes.

Were the instructions easy to follow? I really can't say because I didn't use them.

Fabric Used: Stretch Denim

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

There were a few issues I had with this pattern. First, this pattern has the strangest fly, I've ever seen. It was way too long and wide. I can't imagine it looking normal the way it's drafted. I drafted a completely new fly, including the CF marking.

Also, the back (butt) is teeny, tiny. My daughter has a very full rear, and I made the adjustments for it on this pattern. I did a small full butt adjustment, raised the CB rise, and added a little at the hips. And it's still small in the back and the center back rise is still too low. It's wearable, but if I made them again, I would definitely raise it.

As for design changes, I added an adjustable elastic waistband. Also, instead of regular rivets, I used rhinestone rivets which I think came out really cute. You can see them clearly with this link- rhinestone rivets

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

Yes, I would sew these again and recommend it. There were a few problems with the pattern, but nothing major.

Conclusion: I really like the jeans and rhinestone rivets. In fact, I want a pair of jeans with rhinestone rivets for myself, lol. And most importantly, my daughter likes them.

Marfy 2762

by: Re Becca

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

Buy Now