Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7441 (Pillow w/Dog Face)

Reviewed by:sailonsilvergirl

About sailonsilvergirlstar
Member since: 6/20/03
Posted on:1/1/05 8:04 PM
Last Updated:1/1/05 8:15 PM
sailonsilvergirl said... (2/4/09 7:53 PM) Reply
Wow, good thing PR sends email notice when comments are posted! I don't remember specifics because I sewed this years ago and the pillow is at my parent's house in another state right now. I DO remember having trouble getting the muzzle to look right. I think I sewed underneath the muzzle, by hand. Getting the part under the tongue to sit right wasn't easy either. I think I just muddled through it and kept sewing stitches until it was secured. I remember that part being a little floppy until I just kept stitching and securing. Maybe this isn't much help. But if it's any consolation, that probably was the hardest part. I did a lot of stitching underneath the muzzle.
Daesue said... (2/3/09 5:08 PM) Reply
I was wondering if you could help me with the muzzle?? Did you use a straight stitch to sew it on, as if it were an applique? Or did you sew underneath on the fold part? I am stumped by this one... I feel like something was left out of the instructions.
Barbara R said... (4/21/06 3:28 PM) Reply
OMG this is too cute!! I never have time to sew stuff like this but now I really want to! I'm going to hunt down the cat version another reviewer mentioned. FUN!
AnneM said... (1/3/05 1:41 PM) Reply
Oh, I just love the picture of the "dogs" sniffing.
Shona said... (1/2/05 8:55 AM) Reply
What a delightful review. Congrats on the good likeness!
mClones said... (1/2/05 8:35 AM) Reply
That is so fun and funny! I'm amazed at how you got that to look. Great pillow.
SewingSusan said... (1/2/05 7:47 AM) Reply
wonderful! I too have had this pattern and the cat version but have never made them. You have inspired me. Wonder how hard it would be to make a Weimaraner?
KathleenS said... (1/2/05 0:58 AM) Reply
I love it! I just saw this and the cat one a few days ago and wondered how well it would work out.
Kathy Russell said... (1/2/05 0:31 AM) Reply
That it so cute. Thanks for reveiwing.
Rennie Ashby said... (1/1/05 9:47 PM) Reply
This is adorable!
candyo said... (1/1/05 9:07 PM) Reply
I love it!!!!! I've had the cat version for years and have never had time to do it! Your review was very fun to read... I love the creative process! And llasa apsos are so cute!!
Mary Stiefer said... (1/1/05 9:02 PM) Reply
Great likeness. Good job.
Linda E. said... (1/1/05 8:22 PM) Reply
cute pillow fun project. yea it does look like the dog

Kwik Sew 3267