Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

MO United States
Member since: 5/27/09
Posted on:7/14/12 2:42 PM

Michele Lommasson said... (3/13/13 9:28 AM) Reply
Thanks for the thorough review. I don't believe I will even consider this dress without a muslin after you experience. I think yours is quite pretty; the fabric looks wonderful even if it gave you fits. Maybe you'll be able to wear it this summer without too many bad feelings.
Nan Kay said... (7/15/12 2:54 PM) Reply
Thank you for the kind words!! This will never be a favorite dress. It continues to stretch when it is being worn, but the belt keeps it from showing too much! I do like the colors and as I said there is nothing wrong with this pattern. I should have altered it to fit and used different fabric!
strongnow said... (7/15/12 10:21 AM) Reply
While not denying your problems, the end result looks lovely. I would not have looked at this pattern if I had not been drawn to your picture. So thanks for posting.
pdiddly said... (7/15/12 4:19 AM) Reply
I agree with the others it has turned out lovely
zoe said... (7/14/12 4:53 PM) Reply
The dress looks beautiful on you! So much trouble with the zipper though! Poor you; I just hate when that sort of thing happens. I remember once struggling with a zipper in a similar way: I do believe I even bled on the fabric ( pins and fristrations); which, of course, resulted in blood drops that stained the fabric; just worse and worse. Yours looks good though!
prttynpnk said... (7/14/12 4:44 PM) Reply
It really is pretty on you- I did mine in an upholstery-esque jacquard and it does get a little linebacker-y in the shoulders when I sit! Your fabric choice gives it a lovely Dorothy Lamour look.
Christas said... (7/14/12 2:58 PM) Reply
Despite all your troubles, the dress is very pretty and looks very nice on you!

Sewn Square One Small Change Pattern