Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2249 (misses dresses)

Reviewed by:KristineZ

About KristineZ
PA USA
Member since: 10/21/10
Posted on:7/15/12 6:23 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

2heartsaz1 said... (9/11/14 7:46 AM) Reply
It's extremely helpful for me to read comments like these so I don't become frustrated when sewing. Thanks for sharing your creativity. I noticed you have a photo of a pattern you haven't reviewed with a border print and am wondering if you will be reviewing that one too? Love the way you placed the design of the fabric, that's experience plus creativity!
KristineZ replied...(4/7/15 10:20 AM)
2heartsaz1...I'm sorry I haven't responded sooner to your question about the border print. That dress is actually an elongated version of Butterick 5356. It isn't a border print...it's a refashion! The yoke and hem border are cut from a skirt my mom made years ago using a Liberty of London washable wool. The body of the dress is a rayon challis I've had for years. When I saw the two fabrics together, I knew I had to use them. I will try to post a review soon...and maybe new photos, since I've lost 25 pounds! Thanks for your kind comments!
wendalia said... (5/23/14 8:14 PM) Reply
I love this version onyou, can't wait to make one for me.
KathySews said... (5/22/13 9:35 PM) Reply
Your dress looks great. I just made this and was checking hem lengths. Mine is the length on the pattern envelope and it is just wrong on me. Your review has me thinking I will try to lenthen the hem a bit. Thanks
tess said... (7/16/12 5:49 AM) Reply
Oh this looks really great! Lovely to see more plus sized dresses and yours look brilliant and very slimming!
JEF said... (7/16/12 4:45 AM) Reply
Can't wait to see the next one. This one looks nice. I like what you did with the fabric.

by: moduff67