Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 05-2011-122 (Bomshell Bustier Dress)

Reviewed by:BrendaJoyce

About BrendaJoycestar
TX USA
Member since: 2/11/12
Posted on:7/16/12 6:46 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
BrendaJoyce said... (7/18/12 5:31 AM) Reply
@JEF, well, that's the thing, it's not particularly comfortable. It's fitted like a corset so it's very tight. It would be great for a night out for a few hours but at the end of the night, it will be a great relief to unzip and take a deep breath.
JEF said... (7/17/12 8:41 AM) Reply
Wow, what a knockout. Is it comfortable when you wear it? How cool to have such a custom made fitted dress.
Nancywin said... (7/17/12 2:22 AM) Reply
Your dress turned out great! I am just getting my muslin put together for this one.
ChristineX said... (7/16/12 1:47 PM) Reply
Beautiful!
Jrhee said... (7/16/12 10:09 AM) Reply
Great dress - I'd want one too if I were your daughter!
MariannaSew2Pro said... (7/16/12 8:02 AM) Reply
What a great dress! I hope you have fun wearing it! I wasn't aware of bombshell dresses till a couple of days ago. Looks like I'll have to make one.
BrendaJoyce said... (7/16/12 8:01 AM) Reply
Ladies, you have no idea how much I appreciate your positive feedback. It means alot to me.
Scheri said... (7/16/12 7:36 AM) Reply
Great fabric choice forca bombshell dress. Hot hot hot.
ryan's mom said... (7/16/12 7:12 AM) Reply
This IS a great dress! I knew I wanted the pattern, then the Craftsy class was priced at a discount so I took that. Didn't need to, but since the pattern came with the class, I thought maybe I could pick up a couple of new tricks from Gertie's perspective since these dresses seem to be her specialty. Great dress, great class. I have yet to review mine. Your version is terrific!
GoodbyeValntino said... (7/16/12 7:04 AM) Reply
What a pretty dress and nice adaptation of a pattern!
dbsewer said... (7/16/12 7:02 AM) Reply
Wow, this is a great dress. I love the fabric. I would never have guessed it could be this pretty from the BWOF photo, but yours is so much better.
Amanda.Claire said... (7/16/12 7:01 AM) Reply
Wow, your dress looks great! My daughter has been wanting this pattern for awhile. Thanks for Gertie's class info too.

Understanding Wool Fabrics