Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8819 (Misses Cardigan)

Reviewed by:sfshaza

About sfshazastar
Member since: 9/12/07
Posted on:7/16/12 11:57 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Coat/Jacket
LBH said... (1/26/15 7:50 PM) Reply
Fabulous jacket! Thank you so much for the review. I have the pattern and was hoping to see if anyone had done it in a woven. So glad to see it's possible. Your jacket is an inspiration.
carolynw said... (7/17/12 5:18 PM) Reply
Beautiful - have this pattern (YAY) and will use your review when I sew this - thanks and enjoy your lovely coat
Annette1 said... (7/17/12 4:57 PM) Reply
I'm not sure how I missed this review, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this jacket, and I'd BETTER, BETTER, BETTER have this pattern. :o) Mine would never turn out as nice as yours, but STILL. It's EXTRA special, too, due to all the hand sewing.
CorgieMom said... (7/17/12 12:41 PM) Reply
Just love it! Very creative! Hand sewn? How long did it take? (Years, if it were me....)
Barbara V said... (7/17/12 10:55 AM) Reply
Impressive hand sewing makes your jacket even more special! The fabric is fabulous and your layout creating the interesting stripe effect is so creative! Super work!
marec said... (7/17/12 10:34 AM) Reply
This is so pretty in the wonderful fabric you bought. I like the placement of the stripes, and can see how the placement could be varied for different figures. Enjoy your creation-it is really cool!
KensingtonCrab said... (7/17/12 10:32 AM) Reply
Fab-boo! Love your style!
Karine said... (7/17/12 9:10 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket - and all by hand - very impressive! I like the way you oriented your stripes.
bjird said... (7/16/12 10:09 PM) Reply
Love it! Very sophisticated.
Ann Smith said... (7/16/12 8:51 PM) Reply
Wonderful jacket. So fascinating with the stripes and intriguing unusual fabric.
sfshaza said... (7/16/12 8:18 PM) Reply
Thanks, everyone! Dorothy, it took me a couple weeks, maybe more. But I work, so it's hard for me to really estimate the time, as I worked on it on weekends and here and there in the evenings. I sew the seams with a backstitch and I fell the seams with a whip stitch. I bought the same fabric from Marcy in a blue/cream/grey colorway. I haven't decided if I'll do that one by machine. I guess I should experiment a bit. :)
lcdrbetty said... (7/16/12 7:29 PM) Reply
Way cool! Your directional use of the stripes is very flattering! Love it!!
DorothyK said... (7/16/12 7:27 PM) Reply
I love this jacket. The fabric is perfect. I'm impressed that you sewed it entirely by hand. How long did it take?
piffle said... (7/16/12 6:14 PM) Reply
What a great use of the stripes in the fabric. It's very flattering. Nicely done!
blue mooney said... (7/16/12 1:55 PM) Reply
Love it. Great fabric substitution! Thank you for showing the side-by-side pix of the stripe directions.
marthamyers said... (7/16/12 1:18 PM) Reply
Nice silhouette. And excellent use of this interesting fabric. It is good to remember that you gain control by not using a machine. I like it a lot.
persevering said... (7/16/12 1:05 PM) Reply
Brilliant!
mhoutz said... (7/16/12 12:55 PM) Reply
Gorgeous take on an interesting pattern...brava, Shams!
Dee2 said... (7/16/12 12:05 PM) Reply
Wonderful jacket--really excellent changes to allowthe fabric speak. I just made this & wish I had your review to refer to--sleeves are quite snug & I am not crazy about the facings. I really had a problem with the back facing---wonknicity: does not lay flat against the neck, not sure why. Enjoy your beautiful jacket, the fit looks great, & thanks for this review.

All About Linings