Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3013 (Women's shirts & hat)

Reviewed by:sahmtodaniel

About sahmtodanielstar
WI USA
Member since: 4/8/04
Posted on:1/2/05 10:09 AM
Last Updated:1/2/05 4:24 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Plus
kadytheredpanda said... (10/9/12 10:54 PM) Reply
Thank you for the size advising. I am going to cut this tomorrow and was going to cut a 3X. I'll do a final check before cutting just to make sure. Thanks!
meesa said... (10/15/09 6:20 AM) Reply
I like the high neck version as my shoulders and neck get cold easy. I'll have to try this. I always fit a 1x across the shoulders and end up merging to a 4x at bottom or I'd be swimming in them too! Thanks for the review!
NoraNora said... (2/2/06 8:59 AM) Reply
Your tops look warm and comfortable...just what we need with heating cost going so high! Thank You for an informative review!
Sherril Miller said... (1/7/05 12:59 PM) Reply
KS does tend to oversize the shoulder and neck area. I use a medium for those areas and the XL on the sides plus more at the hips to get a good fit. You'll probably have to experiment with using more than one size too. Those tops look very warm and snuggly though, just as they are. Great photo too.
Georgene said... (1/6/05 11:50 PM) Reply
Good review, and nice to see all your versions. You are right, you can definitley go down a size. Maybe 2: I would love to see you tackle this pattern in a different size and different fabric, now that you know what your results are likely to be.
Kathy Russell said... (1/4/05 0:08 AM) Reply
Great review. I wish i would have read it before tackling the neck line on my fleece shirt- thanks for sharing the threads article I will be using it as well.
mag said... (1/3/05 6:44 PM) Reply
Thank you for your review. It is nice to see so many versions of the pattern. Also I appreciated the link to the Threads article that I have printed out to read before retiring tonight. Taunton Press also has a book about sewing T-shirts that is informative. Thanks again.
AnneM said... (1/3/05 1:48 PM) Reply
I agree, you could try that next size down. Your tops look like they came out very well, though!
mClones said... (1/3/05 10:07 AM) Reply
I too need to remember to use the smaller shoulder size - for some reason I continue to think that because the rest of me is larger, the shoulders need to be too. Thus a t-shirt I just made is a wadder because I didn't do so. In any event, you look nice and toasty. Just what one wants in the winter!
PattiK said... (1/2/05 7:51 PM) Reply