Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 1918 (Misses' & Miss Petite Amazing Fit Pants)

Reviewed by:twinkle72

About twinkle72star
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 4/20/09
Posted on:7/19/12 8:23 AM
See other patterns in this category: Pants

JTink said... (7/19/12 3:51 PM) Reply
Your pants turned out really nice. I made up this pattern to put on the display wall in the classroom at Joann Fabrics. I made them in a linen blend. We are offering to teach it in July/August. I found them to be cut quite low and didn't like the fact a "real" fly front was used. Just too much to fiddle with. I have yet to find an Amazing Fit that I like.
quathy said... (7/19/12 3:42 PM) Reply
Thanks for posting. I've been wondering how 'amazing' these patterns would turn out. I like them on you, but I know how it is when the fit doesn't feel quite right.
MNBarb said... (7/19/12 3:17 PM) Reply
Your adjustments gave you a nice fit. Love the color on you. I'm going to pass along information that you didn't ask for. Have you tried the Sewaholic Thurlow Pants? Her patterns are designed for "pear" shaped women who have small waists like you. I know you said Burda usually works well but here's the link (well, you'll need to cut and paste) if you're itching to try something new http://sewing.patternreview.com/Patterns/55126
Sue Parrott said... (7/19/12 2:20 PM) Reply
I stumbled across this pattern and thought it may be worth purchasing since I have had good luck with tops and dresses in the amazing fit series. I may pass after reading your review. Sorry these didn't work for you, pants can be a lot of work!

Understanding Wool Fabrics