Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2701 (Misses Jacket and Skirt: Project Runway Collection)

Reviewed by:Kathy7661

About Kathy7661star
MI USA
Member since: 2/11/10
Posted on:7/19/12 10:21 AM

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket    Skirts
Val.sew said... (9/17/12 7:31 AM) Reply
Very nice, you look lovely
chenille said... (7/27/12 1:06 AM) Reply
That is beautiful! Crisp and classy.
GoodbyeValntino said... (7/20/12 2:05 PM) Reply
Short sleeve jackets are great! Dressy and cool - I love yours!
Kathy7661 said... (7/20/12 1:08 PM) Reply
Ashford, I tested the pattern in muslin and altered the pattern before cutting into my fashion fabric. There was just too much volume and terrible drag lines in the back. I tried and tried to adjust it to no avail...so my solution was to sew a center back seam. Thank you everyone for the nice comments!
Ashford said... (7/20/12 11:28 AM) Reply
I enjoy reading your suggestions of how to change the pattern to match your personal needs. The style and the fitting are excellent for you. Did the pleat not work for you because of the fabric weight or because the shape did not flatter your body silhouette?
cleverkitty said... (7/20/12 8:59 AM) Reply
this is gorgeous I want to make it, I like the idea of removing the back pleat. I'm going to try that facing adjustment I think it's brilliant :)
Renata said... (7/20/12 8:14 AM) Reply
A very nice summer jacket, quietly elegant.
lynny said... (7/20/12 0:42 AM) Reply
Lovely elegant jacket for summer days
Carm09 said... (7/19/12 7:12 PM) Reply
I really love this jacket...it looks so nice on you! Your workmanship is fantastic, choice of fabric is very nice and your review is great! Nicely done! I will be getting this pattern! Thanks for the review!
JTink said... (7/19/12 3:45 PM) Reply
This is so cute. I love that particular fabric and have used it on several garments. This looks so crisp and cool on you.
KathleenNW said... (7/19/12 1:50 PM) Reply
Darling jacket and great fit. The pleat in the back is cute, too bad it didn't work out.
Loop51 said... (7/19/12 11:40 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket. Looks great and is a great summer addition to any wardrobe. Thanks for the review and also your changes to the facing....I like that and will use it in the future. Nice jacket!!!
Maggie789 said... (7/19/12 10:47 AM) Reply
Very pretty jacket! You look great! It looks so fresh and crisp. I've looked at thiis fabric so many times but never bought any. I think I will have to try it! Thanks for the great review!

Green Pepper F865

by: Mariposalu...

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)