Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8747 (Misses' /Misses' Petite Shirt)

Reviewed by:touran

About touranstarstarstar
CO USA
Member since: 9/22/03

Best Patterns of 2012
Posted on:7/19/12 6:23 PM
Last Updated:7/19/12 9:04 PM

SJ Kurtz said... (9/17/13 1:02 PM) Reply
The more I look at your photo, the charming model, the excellent cutting and sewing, the more I think this is a self-defeating design. The collar is going to come down as the bias does what it wants to do, which is fold and relax. Thanks for taking one for the team here. In your honor, I am going to use the word 'squinch' as often as possible.
nali said... (7/2/13 11:46 AM) Reply
I think this blouse looks reall lovely on you. I don't find your self-criticism valid, so do reconsider!
SueT said... (1/2/13 11:08 AM) Reply
Thanks for your review, I was considering the pattern and would likely have the same issue with the D-cup gathers and so you saved me the effort. I'll just make a different shirt with no gathering at front.
Izzie said... (7/29/12 8:52 AM) Reply
Too bad it didn't work for you since your sewing looks so crisp and precise...love the contrasting bias. Have to say I love your mini TARDIS, both my kindle and ipod are TARDIS's (TARDI?) lol
touran said... (7/21/12 3:55 PM) Reply
Thank you for the kind comments and feedback!! It's a really nice blouse, it's just not my favorite. It'll probably grow on me. (love you PR'ers!)
Timmithea said... (7/20/12 10:53 AM) Reply
That's cute!
arianamaniacs said... (7/20/12 9:26 AM) Reply
What? I love this blouse on you! I don't see a squinchy face, I see lovely accented boobs and 3/4 lengths arms on a blouse. Both look great.
wendyrb said... (7/20/12 7:39 AM) Reply
Hmmmm, maybe you've got mad boobs because their not so accommodating gathers are squoooshed in too small a space? You probably won't be eager to spread the shirring out a bit more. I'm guessing moving up the placket 1" above the bust & 1" below would give breathing room. And, it may work better for the hand of your fabric. This mIght be in the zone for fit and lead to happy boobs!
olybinewski said... (7/19/12 9:37 PM) Reply
I really think this looks super cute on you! I think from your assessment maybe you were expecting different design lines? The 3/4 sleeves definitely look like regular sleeves on you, but don't seem odd. I like the ruching on the boobs... I have this pattern for when I'm a more proficient sewer and I want to make it up with the mandarin collar like you did. Maybe the gingham pattern throws you off? I don't know. Anyhoodle, I just think that If I didn't know you hated it, I would assume you loved it. Because I totally do. This piece shows off your lovely sewing skills, so there's always that!
Sherril Miller said... (7/19/12 9:11 PM) Reply
Touran, you crack me up! Mad Boobs, mad boobs! I totally understand what you are saying. It will be a nice Goodwill give-away that someone will find perfectly suited for them. I've been avoiding the pattern, even though I have it, because of how high the stand-up collar is. I have no neck, while you my dear have a lovely neck.
frame said... (7/19/12 9:08 PM) Reply
I think it looks really nice. Too bad you are not happy with it, but that's how it is sometimes. :) You still made a beautiful blouse.
SavageCoco said... (7/19/12 7:07 PM) Reply
It's A Cryin' Shame because you did really, really beautiful work.
Calama said... (7/19/12 6:49 PM) Reply
It is a shame it did not work out for you, as the blouse looks beautiful and perfect. You obviously did an awesome job with this.

by: sewdc