Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1247 (Misses' Top and Skirt)

Reviewed by:cleverkitty

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Skirts

Other Projects by cleverkitty using this Pattern

Hilary said... (8/8/12 8:48 AM) Reply
I think it turned out really cute-and I agree, no belt! :o)
MNBarb said... (7/27/12 8:18 AM) Reply
We have a 3 person agreement here that 1)The top looks 100% better with the sleeves hemmed (see photp of DD in the sewing room) and 2)Unbelted, because the belt runs right through the stitching detail. At first I also thought, "sacky" but when I look again I think it works. A drapey fabric might work better but, if you're like me, that won't be the best look for you either. Some of us just look better in garments that are more fitted. Wash and wear this a few times to see if the fabric softens up a little. If it makes you feel any better I've made this same mistake with sheer, crisp fabric. You did a nice job with the details.
BeaJay said... (7/26/12 6:30 PM) Reply
Love the top - looks good on you. Wouldn't do the belt though - covers the lovely details in the seaming.
carolynw said... (7/26/12 1:25 PM) Reply
I think this is a great looking top and is exactly what Vogue intended it to be - loose and sacky as someone else said. I have made it (sorry really behind on reviews) and loved it and am like you - not big in the bust area. I really love the way this looks on you and I would say no belt.
Christas said... (7/26/12 10:09 AM) Reply
Really cute top! It's not supposed to be fitted, and the look you've gotten is very nice. My vote is for no belt.
stsimon said... (7/26/12 8:11 AM) Reply
oh, my, I like the belt a lot! It give the shape a bit more pizazz.
cocosloft said... (7/26/12 5:54 AM) Reply
my vote is no belt! and I love your fabric, so pretty. I had forgotten about the understitching and I agree with you - I did not even do it!
hme75 said... (7/25/12 11:43 PM) Reply
I agree with the above. I think your top looks great with your changes. I do like it with the belt, but I like it better without. I am just finishing this top with an even stiffer fabric than yours (I decided to try something different). I think my extra boxy look *may* be ok with some skinny pants? We'll see. But yours, yours is good!
SewWil said... (7/25/12 11:33 PM) Reply
My vote is for no belt. I think your top looks very nice on you.
ArtAttack said... (7/25/12 10:22 PM) Reply
I agree with belt. And it is supposed to be sacky...I think your fabric choice might have a little too much body. Somthing softer might skim your body more and be more pleasing to you, but, having said all this...I think it's cute on you! No belt.
Elcue said... (7/25/12 7:41 PM) Reply
I think it looks adorable on you! Did you read Coco's review and see how she changed the pleats and darts?
Elona said... (7/25/12 7:17 PM) Reply
No belt! The top actually looks great with the alterations you made and the way you finished it. It is supposed to have an oversized look, and that's what you have. That said, the pattern does suggest thin, drapey fabrics like crepe de chine or charmeuse, and probably you would be happy with materials like these (as are many of the pr members who have used this pattern) the next time you make it--and you should make it again, because it IS cute on you.