Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 1812 (Misses' )

Reviewed by:chenille

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Plus    Skirts

Other Projects by chenille using this Pattern

sarahlee13 said... (4/16/14 6:45 PM) Reply
Great review. I bought the pattern more for the skirts than the shirt...I was really iffy on if I should even try the shirt. I'll keep putting it off for now and keep making skirts! It's a good pattern for me or my daughter to wear!
Jrhee said... (8/9/12 1:26 AM) Reply
Super job!
born2bead said... (7/31/12 5:21 PM) Reply
Really cute outfit with the boots :-)
Ashford said... (7/27/12 12:53 PM) Reply
Thanks for the warning about the tricky parts of sewing this pattern and the photos that show the most important details of the pattern. Cheryl, this is my favorite outfit you wear in your photo gallery. It could be a testament to the pattern, but I think perhaps to your new skills, that the top and skirt look so professionally fitted and sewn.
lesliez said... (7/27/12 12:17 PM) Reply
Looks gorgeous! You're off to a good start on your fall sewing.
Woolygal said... (7/27/12 8:43 AM) Reply
Great outfit - beautifully done.
cleverkitty said... (7/27/12 7:47 AM) Reply
You worked this pattern out to look professional and not homemade like it easily can be with the way they have you sew it. I love the color it suits you perfectly.
becca a said... (7/27/12 0:39 AM) Reply
Very pretty top! I love the colors of your ensemble. Great review, too.
21wale said... (7/26/12 11:04 PM) Reply
Very pretty top! Lovely outfit.
lakaribane said... (7/26/12 9:07 PM) Reply
Purple is my favorite color so I'm biased but I still love this top. Thank you for pointing out this pattern to me. I overlooked this Butterick too because it shows a Plus Size model on the cover and I foolishly assumed it was Women's sizing only. Love the whole outfit, very Fall (not that I know much about that, LOL)
chenille said... (7/26/12 6:54 PM) Reply
The yoke of the skirt I sewed 3 times before I was happy with it - after I broke down and got a walking foot! I have yet to sew a fitted non-stretch garment, or done closures other than a zipper. So,yes,I'm still a beginner....but I signed up for the jacket contest and hoping to change my status after that! And thank you!
sewbehind said... (7/26/12 6:46 PM) Reply
A beautiful ensemble. It looks gorgeous on you. Are you sure you are a beginner??

Sewaholic Patterns 1102