Pattern Reviews> LaFred> 111 (Olympia Coat)

Reviewed by:MickeyFan

About MickeyFanstarstar
Member since: 6/7/04
Posted on:11/21/05 6:56 AM
Last Updated:1/6/05 8:14 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 18 people
bakertoo said... (12/26/08 9:53 PM) Reply
Thank you for the info. I am just starting this pattern, and I am, amazingly enough(!) using the same type of fabrics, for both the shell, and lining. I have never sewn with either one, so it was really helpful to read your clues. I'm nervous, but not as scared now! Thanks again.
Danvillegirl said... (1/9/05 2:45 PM) Reply
Wow, looks great. Great review.
Ginevra said... (1/7/05 7:37 PM) Reply
I am from Wisconsin and am not scoffing at your assessment of wet,rainy, cold weather. Your coat seems to fit the bill perfectly. I love the design and your review was perfectly detailed!
PixieCat said... (1/7/05 4:31 PM) Reply
Love your coat! Such a beautiful job!
Deb Bee said... (1/7/05 2:37 PM) Reply
Your coat is beautiful!! Loved your detailed review of the pattern. I would love to try a nice wool coat for myself someday - this is inspiring!
MickeyFan said... (1/7/05 1:39 PM) Reply
Thank you everyone for the nice feedback. Lisa, I found the flannel back satin at It was not exactly the really thick weight I had in mind, but it is nice fabric. I thought it worked well in this project.
xela said... (1/7/05 9:40 AM) Reply
The coat look fabulous on you. Excellent review wonderful job. Thanks
Lisa Laree said... (1/7/05 9:27 AM) Reply
Very nice job on both the coat and the review! Where did you find the flannel-backed satin?
Lori V said... (1/6/05 10:46 PM) Reply
Great review and beautiful coat.
drsue said... (1/6/05 9:38 PM) Reply
Very nice! I've always wanted to try underarm gussets but haven't yet gotten around to trying.
Oziroo said... (1/6/05 4:53 PM) Reply
Thanks for such an informative and encouraging review. Your coat looks super.
AnneM said... (1/6/05 4:36 PM) Reply
Great review. Your coat looks so much better than the pattern sketch. I just wish it has a hood.
Doris Stewart said... (1/6/05 12:38 PM) Reply
Great looking coat and wonderful review. Thank you :-)
jlg said... (1/6/05 11:52 AM) Reply
Great looking coat and very helpful review.
PegL said... (1/6/05 11:42 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous coat! You did an awesome job! Very informative review too! Thanks!
Liana said... (1/6/05 10:24 AM) Reply
It looks really good, and sounds like a nice pattern. Good review too!
PVA said... (1/6/05 10:05 AM) Reply
Thanks for this very informative review! The coat is a very classic style & would be wonderful during our NW winters here in Oregon! I took a class with her once & really learned alot about tailoring techniques. She's a wonderful combination of designer & sewist. I'll have to take a look at that pattern. Thanks again!
Leslie Pettie said... (1/6/05 9:18 AM) Reply
Wow, what a great coat. Thank you for the blow-by-blow, it was very informative. I do like her designs; so even though I am a beginner I want to order this pattern (Slapping hand vigorously!!!).
noreend said... (1/6/05 9:05 AM) Reply
Your coat looks fabulous!
mClones said... (1/6/05 8:35 AM) Reply
Fabulous, cozy looking coat. On a rainy/sleety day like it is here in NY today, I would love to snuggle up in that. Your review piqued my interest in LaFred patterns, which I have never tried so far. Thanks for all the construction details too.

Pattern Work