Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1306 (Misses' Top and Tunic)

Reviewed by:Blooms

About Bloomsstarstarstar
Member since: 5/2/06
Posted on:8/3/12 10:42 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people

mhk3boys said... (8/5/12 9:05 PM) Reply
I think your version looks way better than Vogues!
Elizabeth made this said... (8/5/12 3:38 PM) Reply
I adore the color and the sleeves are so delightfully girly!
Michele Lommasson said... (8/4/12 3:16 PM) Reply
It does look pretty large on the model. I don't know, but, I think I am up for a loose fitting Tee. Your version certainly looks nice. I have been finding, lately, that spandex knits break the rules when it comes to neck-bands, etc. Pattern companies seem to make the bands way larger than they should be, I adjust it to my usual, well-working formula, and then add at least 2". That's working for me now. My binder seems to pull the knit too tightly for anything but an old fashioned ribbing or Tee-shirt knit. So I haven't been using it. Anyway! You have inspired me. This pattern is back in the line-up.
Nan Kay said... (8/4/12 9:30 AM) Reply
Thank you for reviewing this pattern. I bought it when it first came out, but had lost interest in making it. I like your version, so maybe I will give it a go after all!
thrillme said... (8/4/12 8:39 AM) Reply
Love the color! Very cute!
Scheri said... (8/4/12 1:55 AM) Reply
I think it looks very nice. Thank you for the heads up on the pattern issues. I am going to keep an eye on this pattern for more reviews before I decide to purchase.
marec said... (8/4/12 1:48 AM) Reply
I love your blouse and the minty color is fabulous. Thanks for the info re:fit. I just finished View B, and I too cut a small (through the shoulders), and ended up moving the sleeve another 1 3/4" inward, thus making that part smaller than an extra small. I moved the underbust dart a bit away from center front, and I used a longer neckband but still got gathers. Love the design, and think a medium would work in a woven...
kimmielovesparis said... (8/3/12 10:58 PM) Reply