Pattern Reviews> Stretch & Sew> 2045 (Bra)

Reviewed by:catalak

About catalakstar
WI USA
Member since: 7/4/08
Posted on:8/4/12 6:48 PM

sewing for fun said... (8/5/12 5:33 PM) Reply
As for dyes for nylon, I have tried a bunch! I have used unsweetened kool-aid, tee, coffee, Rit and some acid dyes from dharma trading company. If using Rit or kool aid, remember to also use vinegar to set the dye. It held up well through many washings. Any acid dye that is good for nylon is good. The elastics, fabric, lace, and underwire casing take up different amounts of dye at different speeds. If you use nylon thread to sew a white bra, you can dye it after you make it. Polyester thread will not dye.
Timmithea said... (8/5/12 12:03 PM) Reply
Nice job!
catalak said... (8/5/12 8:52 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone for your nice comments. Just go to Ebay and search for girdle fabric for the powernet, and athletic mesh for the cup fabric. The athletic mesh stays beautiful wash after wash as does the powernet. Sew Sassy has everything else that you would need. Just be inventive with colors and stretch lace and elastics. I've got to try dyeing the powernet and strapping to match the cup fabric. Haven't tried that yet! What dye do you use?
Legal.Dealer said... (8/5/12 8:06 AM) Reply
Great bra! I love the combo of colors and trim. My fav bra resources are sewsassy.com and fabricdepotco.com.
sewing for fun said... (8/4/12 11:02 PM) Reply
I have this bra pattern in my stash, will have to see if i can upsize the cups. I LOVE using athletic mesh for the cups... I have a stash of boring white mesh, but i love your hot pink and need to locate some new sources. If I could find NYLON mesh, then I could dye the powernet, mesh and elastic to match. Love your bras! Keep at it and thanks for reviewing this pattern!
renren said... (8/4/12 9:04 PM) Reply
Those are some unexpected color choices but they certainly add pizzazz to the project. Thanks so much where you've provided the sourcing of materials. Very much appreciated.
Laurasews said... (8/4/12 8:15 PM) Reply
Great combination of fabrics. Could you share your notion resources? I am having trouble finding straps in the right colors
Laurasews said... (8/4/12 8:15 PM) Reply
Karla Kizer said... (8/4/12 7:01 PM) Reply
Neat! What a clever use of materials! I've never used this bra pattern, but I agree with you about the excellence of the old reliable S&S patterns. They're the ones I still prefer; I just borrow details from newer patterns.

by: Futuralon