Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3187 (Men Jackets)

Reviewed by:Cornelia

About Corneliastar
Member since: 2/21/04
Posted on:1/7/05 9:51 AM
Last Updated:1/7/05 9:51 AM
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Jackets
Hilary said... (10/4/09 8:07 PM) Reply
You did a fantastic job on both jackets-very impressive!! thanks for such a great review :o)
mag said... (1/8/05 9:23 AM) Reply
What lucky sons! I like what you did with the pattern. Exceptional jackets.
Cornelia said... (1/8/05 7:57 AM) Reply
You all make me feel good. Karla, I think I will contact KS. The black jacket lives not far from their headquarters. And yes, the hot flash solution should work. One advantage, it's a "gear" thing not an "old lady" thing. You can also use a mesh underlay to stabilize horizontal chest vents. My understanding is that the shock cord in the hem is there so the hem can be loosened for ventilation.
Karla Kizer said... (1/8/05 6:35 AM) Reply
Cornelia, you did a great job. And thank you for the visual aid on the pit zip; I had no idea that such a thing was either necessary or available, but now I'm thinking about the relevance to middle-age hot flashes....could work! And about your wish that KS would come out with a techy pattern with assorted pockets: great idea. Really great. If you go to the KS website, you can write to them with the idea. I like to think that my request for a men's flat-front pants pattern was the inspiration for the one they came out with a few catalogs later. They listen!
edube said... (1/7/05 11:24 PM) Reply
Wow, what an impressive project! Great job.
Lorna C. Newman said... (1/7/05 4:37 PM) Reply
Wonderful jacket and very pro looking ... MEC eat your heart out! I bet he loves biking in this!
Cornelia said... (1/7/05 10:58 AM) Reply
I didn't know about any of this either. I knew my younger son had a lot of zippers in his outerwear, but that's all. Pit zips are really easy, just an in seam zipper running from mid tricept to midriff. Thumb loops, elastic attached to the cuff to fit over the thumbs make them easy to unzip without dismounting.
Mary Stiefer said... (1/7/05 10:46 AM) Reply
Wow - great looking jacket. Love the fact that you altered it to fit the need. Hmmm - I never heard of pit zips. Did you come up with that? What a great idea for a biker in that, of course, they do sweat a lot when working hard.
The Technique of Underlining Garments