Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4257 (dress w/2 skirts & det. collar)

Reviewed by:Cation Designs

About Cation Designs
Member since: 4/13/11
Posted on:8/6/12 11:52 PM

pdiddly said... (8/8/12 3:08 AM) Reply
looks lovely
Michele Lommasson said... (8/7/12 4:52 PM) Reply
Your blog is lovely, and quite funny. Of course, I am going to say that the dress looks wonderful in the pics. Great style shots, by the way. Maybe one day the dress will not be quite so hideous to you. You never know.
miausiau said... (8/7/12 1:13 PM) Reply
Completely fabulous!!
sewin said... (8/7/12 11:41 AM) Reply
So enjoyed your blog descriptions and your 6 foot dress. I've actually made things that would only pass a 20 foot test. Anyway, I love the colors and fit of this dress. Glad I can't see the imperfections. Nice job.
zoe said... (8/7/12 10:35 AM) Reply
Fun blog! Very cute in the photos, though it does sound like your fabric made you suffer.
grey ann said... (8/7/12 10:07 AM) Reply
I applaud your creativity. And I like the way you placed the 'algae' across the bodice. It looks so cute in the photo.
becca a said... (8/7/12 9:28 AM) Reply
In the pictures the dress is lovely! I'm sorry the fabric made you suffer so. I think this dress deserves to be sewn in a natural fiber--which would be your reward for suffering through the melting, shredding, off-grain suffering this version put you through.
OlindaM said... (8/7/12 5:10 AM) Reply
Your blog is so amusing, I would have been so fed up if it were me, so you are really motivating. Despite your reservations I think you have a pretty and v. well well fitting special dress! Well done.
NancyAnn2 said... (8/7/12 3:10 AM) Reply
I am quite certain I made this pattern up in the 1950's! Your blogs are glorious, and you are so creative. I recognized the San Francisco terrain. Lovely dresss, too.
olybinewski said... (8/7/12 0:49 AM) Reply
I laughed really hard reading your blog decription. I'm sorry this was such a pain to sew but here's to hoping you get to wear it onstage someday, with an admiring audience a minimum of six feet away!

by: petro