Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7484 (Pantsuit)

Review submitted in Lined Jacket Contest Contest

Sweater knit fabrics

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

chenille said... (8/31/12 10:25 PM) Reply
Looks great! I like this style and have this pattern and may just have to bump this up on my to do list. Thanks for the great review.
muttless said... (8/29/12 4:44 PM) Reply
Thanks, Grays08! RE the date on my review...I actually *started* my review on 8/7/12 and saved it in draft form on PR. Somehow, though, it looks as if I finished the jacket on that day (which I certainly didn't!)....hahahaha! So you've also been caught off guard by Burda's buried "petite" label! I'm gonna try not to fall for that again. :)
grays08 said... (8/28/12 9:47 AM) Reply
This is really a pretty jacket - so great job! Also you are to be commended for being the first to post your jacket in the gallery - way to go! Great job with adjusting for the petite stuff as I know what this entails...been there with Burda before!
Aroura said... (8/27/12 10:31 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket! You really did an amazing job with fitting :)
muttless said... (8/27/12 9:08 AM) Reply
Gosh, thanks everyone! ;)
nancy2001 said... (8/26/12 7:24 PM) Reply
Your jacket looks lovely. And what an incredible job you did to transform a petite pattern into one that fits you so well.
SavageCoco said... (8/23/12 1:11 AM) Reply
Oh, well done! Definitely Intermediate!
Raye Ann said... (8/22/12 11:22 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket! The color really is terrific.
ArtAttack said... (8/22/12 5:00 PM) Reply
All of your prep work paid off...it's really lovely. Good luck in the contest!
muttless said... (8/22/12 1:32 PM) Reply
Thank you, mhk3boys, sewnomi, and runlexlou! I just "upgraded" my sewing prowess to intermediate, thanks to your comment, runlexlou. :)
runlexlou said... (8/22/12 11:08 AM) Reply
Wow! Amazing fix. I think with all that tinkering with the pattern, you've definitely graduated from advanced beginner to intermediate sewer! It looks fantastic and I love the frog closure. Very classy looking. Well done.
sewnaomi said... (8/22/12 9:51 AM) Reply
I love your jacket. I almost bought one at an 'uppity-up' store similar to this but with a shiny collar. I decided I couldn't afford it and walked away thinking of it. Your jacket look so dressy and such a nice fit.
mhk3boys said... (8/22/12 8:25 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks awesome! I am petite so I will put this on my wish list!
muttless said... (8/22/12 6:42 AM) Reply
Thanks, poppykettle! I've got one photo up, but there will be a few more to come.
poppykettle said... (8/13/12 7:16 PM) Reply
You're totally right - this jacket pattern is FAB! Love the design lines. What a bummer to find out the hard way it was a petites pattern! I'm really looking forward to seeing your finished result though :)

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS