Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7200 (dress and shirt)

Reviewed by:cocosloft

About cocosloftstarstarstar
FL United States
Member since: 3/17/12
Posted on:8/10/12 11:25 AM
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops
zoe said... (8/10/12 10:17 PM) Reply
A very breezy, pretty maxi dress. Just perfect for a cruise ( or reclining on a chaise lounge on the patio, while reading a good mystery, and sipping ice tea from a frosty glass).
said... (8/10/12 4:21 PM) Reply
The Jersey bug must be catching...I just made my 1st jersey item in ages. I used the stretch stitch on the Janome and left the edges close trimmed but raw. Excellent dress!
renren said... (8/10/12 1:20 PM) Reply
Beautiful and thank you so much for this: " I started with a 5/8" seam, which I hand-basted together. I sewed the seam using a narrow zigzag stitch (length 2.0, width 2.0) with reduced tension on the upper thread. Then I pressed the seam, trimmed it, and serged the edges together to finish." THANK YOU for showing that seam! I zigzag but at .5. My side seams always feel constricted and actually draw up the garment at the sides. I bet I need to use this 2/2 and release the needle tension!!! I've been wondering about this and I think you delivered the answer. A BIG, BIG Very Helpful.

Sewing Workshop San Francisco Coat Pattern