In this video, you learn how to:
  • Use some of the basic tools
  • Choose fabric
  • Use patterns
  • Measure yourself for patterns
  • Trace and cut out the pattern
  • Lay out and cut out the pattern from fabric
  • Stitch together and press your skirt
You'll also learn about sewing machine features and pattern language and symbols.

Let Deepika demystify the process of sewing for you! Take this class!

Complete List of Videos

1. Introduction and Tools
  2. Fabric Types
  3. What the Information on the Pattern Envelope Means
  4. Types of Patterns and What the Markings Mean
  5. Taking Body Measurements
  6. Tracing the Patterns and Understanding Markings
  7. Preparing the Fabric, Laying Out the Pattern Pieces, and Cutting Out the Fabric
  8. Getting to Know your Sewing Machine
  9. Sewing the Skirt
">Sewing Basics Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Sure-Fit Designs> Pants Kit (Pants Kit)

Reviewed by:MissMarnie

About MissMarniestarstarstar
OR United States
Member since: 5/9/11
Posted on:8/11/12 1:58 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 22 people
rovergirl said... (2/22/15 6:05 PM) Reply
I am glad to hear this works for someone with a full bum. I will be checking this out, I think this is what I need.
canei said... (8/17/12 10:07 AM) Reply
Bravo...your review is AWESOME. I also use this system and have had great results. For years I've had issues with pants fitting but this solved my problems. I have a REALY full seat, hips and thighs. My pants look great now and have no digging. Again your review was great!!!!
NC Carol said... (8/12/12 10:48 AM) Reply
Fabulous job and such a great review. Thanks for drawing attention to the Sure-Fit pants kit. Your new pants look great on you!
Kayabunga said... (8/12/12 10:40 AM) Reply
You did a fantastic job on these pants! I love the wide leg style on you, you look so tall and slender. Well, maybe you are tall and you are definitely slender. :) I'm suspecting that you have one hip higher than the other and that's what's causing the wrinkles in the one leg. Have you had a friend measure you from waist to floor on each side of you? To my surprise, I have 1/4" difference. Kudos to you, really fine job. :)
Lizz said... (8/12/12 9:41 AM) Reply
I am a SFD user as well and love it! Suggestion: email the piCtures to Glenda. She will look at them and make suggestions, usually within 24 hours. It will save you tons of work and her advice is spot on!
Rebecca D said... (8/12/12 9:38 AM) Reply
These look great and your dedication paid off.
blue mooney said... (8/12/12 7:26 AM) Reply
Three preliminary muslins is not bad at all! You've made a huge improvement over RTW. Like you say, the difference in comfort is amazing, isn't it!
SavageCoco said... (8/12/12 2:24 AM) Reply
Congratulations on plowing through the Grimpen Myre of fitting trousers! You'll know you've hit a home run on fit based on how the pants feel and wear thorughout the day. I think you're first attempt is very good. Great review and stick with it!
wildbluestarz said... (8/11/12 9:56 PM) Reply
Love these pants! I need a pair lol
mmcp said... (8/11/12 8:20 PM) Reply
You are built exactly like my sister for whom I would love to do this but she lives across the country so that's not going to happen. Clearly, there's a need for someone to issue patterns for girls with shapes.
Maree P said... (8/11/12 7:55 PM) Reply
Thank you for your comprehensive review. Your pants are very good and testimony to your hard work ...only minor adjustments and you are set!
margk said... (8/11/12 7:15 PM) Reply
Great review. It looks like all your hard work is definitely paying off. Fantastic pants are not very far away, I think!
KensingtonCrab said... (8/11/12 6:14 PM) Reply
I think the pants look great!
katski said... (8/11/12 2:44 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review. I also own this kit and bought it because of the same problems with RTW pants. I have made one muslin but the results were laughable. I need to sit down and try again and your great results are the encouragement I needed. :)

by: slmstyle