Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1201 (Basic Top)

Reviewed by:Gail S

About Gail Sstar
Member since: 11/6/03
Posted on:1/9/05 10:52 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 2 people

Other Projects by Gail S using this Pattern

Danvillegirl said... (1/10/05 6:26 PM) Reply
I like the look of this top. Love your fabric.
Jan B. said... (1/10/05 1:48 PM) Reply
Very nice!! I like your fabric too. The pattern photo looks as if it is extended shoulder too. It's less noticeable in your print and looks great.
cynthia w said... (1/9/05 8:15 PM) Reply
Gorgeous fabric. No one would ever guess this is homemade. Just beautiful.
Gail S said... (1/9/05 3:39 PM) Reply
The pattern calls for shoulder pads which I am still considering adding. It seems to fit very well without them though. This could explain the dropped shoulders.
bunz said... (1/9/05 2:08 PM) Reply
Gail, beautiful in the EOS buttermilk!! This pattern seems to have slightly dropped shoulders -- is that correct? Are you happy w how it fits your shoulder? Curious, because I'm on an anti-dropped shoulder jag, but want to do this pattern in my stash.
Mini said... (1/9/05 12:08 PM) Reply
Your shirt looks like something that would cost a lot of $$ in RTW. The buttermilk knit was a really good choice for this top. Although the woven fabric versions I have made looked okay, it is really a bettter pattern for knits. Plus it's so quick to make:).
Mary Stiefer said... (1/9/05 12:03 PM) Reply
I love the fabric and it seems to work wonderfully with this pattern.
Lufah said... (1/9/05 11:37 AM) Reply
Hey! I've been drooling over that fabric on EOS for the past few days. I keep trying to convince myself there will be other fabrics, and I don't desperately need this one. It's not really going so well. :) Good review - this looks like a pattern that needs to be on my must-have list.
drsue said... (1/9/05 11:28 AM) Reply
This is such a stand up pattern. Alway there when you need a basic top.
Sherril Miller said... (1/9/05 11:25 AM) Reply
This top came out great. That fabric is terrific. Now that you have a good-fitting t pattern, you'll have to make many variations, different necklines, sleeve treatments, hem lengths, etc.
PVA said... (1/9/05 11:16 AM) Reply
Wow -- love your shirt! The material is really outstanding! Thanks for the review, I really need to take a close look at this pattern.