Pattern Reviews> Colette Patterns> 1022 (Iris)

Reviewed by:MNBarb

About MNBarbstarstarstarstar
MN USA
Member since: 4/3/10
Posted on:8/13/12 5:45 PM

See other patterns in this category: Shorts
workinonit said... (1/14/13 4:20 PM) Reply
thanks for the great review. and thanks for all the links. i think they look great and because of your review, i am going to order the pattern and get a start on the summer wardrobe altho i could wear them today its so warm! good luck with the retirement plans.
Maree P said... (8/16/12 5:30 AM) Reply
These are simply great Barb. Not only are they beautifully made they look fabulous on you. What a lovely place.
Margaret said... (8/15/12 5:28 PM) Reply
Very nice shorts and as always, they look so well made!
Raye Ann said... (8/15/12 5:16 PM) Reply
Barb, they look fantastic! Thanks for the tutorial. I love the welt pockets and your directions make me think I could do it! I haven't been able to make another pair yet, but will watch out for pocket linings. Since my shorts ended up a little too big, maybe that is why the pocket bags stay hidden.
sj3663 said... (8/15/12 6:57 AM) Reply
Great review and your shorts look awesome! Love the back pockets...they look great!
Erin D said... (8/15/12 1:01 AM) Reply
All of your personal touches resulted in a beautiful pair of shorts! I also love the Colette instruction books.
annakeeton said... (8/14/12 7:27 PM) Reply
These are great looking shorts. Love the side zip for the flat front.
MariannaSew2Pro said... (8/14/12 5:25 PM) Reply
Wow, you've really raised the bar there with the back pockets. Now I want me some of those. Hope you're enjoying your holiday. Seems perfect!
KrissyB said... (8/14/12 3:20 PM) Reply
Very nice! I recently ruined a pair of my favorite shorts on vacation... Sat on a chair that had pine sap on it. I plan to deconstruct those and make a pattern from them this winter.
JEF said... (8/14/12 9:28 AM) Reply
Wonderful shorts and will you take me with you when you retire? Pretty please?
GoodbyeValntino said... (8/14/12 9:09 AM) Reply
Great shorts! Thanks for the review.
marec said... (8/14/12 8:33 AM) Reply
These are awesome on you. Thanks for the links to helpful hints and tutorials. Nice work!
Sue Parrott said... (8/14/12 8:09 AM) Reply
Wow, these are beautiful! Nice job!
Denise L Perry said... (8/14/12 7:23 AM) Reply
Great review! I never thought I would be totally impressed by a pair of shorts, but these did it for me. You welt pockets are perfection!
BettyMike said... (8/14/12 6:28 AM) Reply
Great job Barb! I've been following your shorts making adventures. You have done a great job and have taught many of us along the way!
Renata said... (8/14/12 5:10 AM) Reply
Amazing shorts, very RTW. Why do you have to be younger to wear funky, if you find the right fabric go for it. BTW, you look terrific in them.
ArtAttack said... (8/13/12 10:49 PM) Reply
Super cute shorts...great review and tutorial...awesome lakehouse...pretty legs. Winner in my book!
JAS said... (8/13/12 10:30 PM) Reply
Nice sewing area, love the scenery. Where in MN are you? Great shorts too.
SewWil said... (8/13/12 10:23 PM) Reply
Great looking shorts. Thanks for the detailed review. I have this pattern and appreciate you taking the time to review it.
poppykettle said... (8/13/12 10:12 PM) Reply
They look great! I'm a huge fan of that army-green/olive colour fabric for bottoms. The style really suits you :)
Amanda.Claire said... (8/13/12 9:56 PM) Reply
Great review and great looking shorts! I love the welt pockets added to these. I must do this on my next pair.
Terri A said... (8/13/12 9:21 PM) Reply
Wowwwww! You did wonders. They are amazingly great in every detail!
gatorgirl4325 said... (8/13/12 8:44 PM) Reply
Oh, my goodness! Your shorts far surpass RTW - there are no loose buttons, strings hanging or crooked pockets! Superior job!
cleverkitty said... (8/13/12 8:35 PM) Reply
Really nice looking shorts!!!! I'm stuck on "Stitch, vertically, the ends of the box from this angle" I'll get it....today was one long jury duty day, I could sew at that lake in a heart beat. Great job putting the tutorial together, I have it saved :)
Elke said... (8/13/12 8:28 PM) Reply
Great job on your shorts...they look fabulous on you! Thanks for the links on the tutorials.
margk said... (8/13/12 6:24 PM) Reply
Great looking shorts, Barb! Very RTW. Thanks for the link to the welt pocket tutorial. You should go the funky fabric. :)

Pink Sand Beach Designs 111