Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8784 (dress)

Reviewed by:Karen Carr

About Karen Carrstar
Member since: 8/8/11
Posted on:8/29/12 5:53 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

autumnnn said... (4/10/13 11:15 PM) Reply
I think lining with self fabric would have been the way to go with jersey.
shelshel said... (8/31/12 2:47 PM) Reply
I also had an unpleasant experience with this pattern. Of the twenty or so dresses I have made, it's my only "wadder" so far. I love the color and fabric I used, and the lining looks gorgeous, but somehow it doesn't work. I'm still trying to modify it because there is some potential, just not the way the pattern is designed. Thank you for your thorough review. You will no doubt save people a lot of aggravation.
duckbucket said... (8/29/12 2:27 PM) Reply
Bummer. I have this pattern and was really looking forward to making it up. Thanks for the review.
Ms. McCall said... (8/29/12 11:54 AM) Reply
It's a shame that it didn't work out as a dress, but that skirt looks fantastic in the photo - I love the bright red, it looks great on you!
marec said... (8/29/12 11:07 AM) Reply
So sorry this didn't work for you. I notice that this pattern calls for lightweight broadcloth, jersey or linen. I think a woven would work well in this style. Like Molly said, you have lots of fabric you can recycle! :-)
mollyshark said... (8/29/12 6:40 AM) Reply
Do you have a serger? If so, a rolled hem on a serger is a spectacular way to do this kind of hem. You'll get addicted. And yes, a lining is difficult on a knit like this since it will never stretch the same as the fabric. You have lots of fabric here. I'll bet it is plenty to reuse for something else!
BillieJean said... (8/29/12 6:29 AM) Reply
So sorry this didn't work for you. The skirt looks lovely though.