Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7917 (Spa Robes and Accessories)

Reviewed by:touran

About touranstarstarstar
CO USA
Member since: 9/22/03
Posted on:1/11/05 4:51 PM

Julia Graham said... (1/13/05 6:36 AM) Reply
I have this pattern and am now more excited to make it -- thanks!
Minya, Warrior Seamstress said... (1/12/05 6:01 PM) Reply
I own this pattern already (was going to go to work on Halloween as "Stacy's Mom," but the boss nixed it) and am glad to hear it works well! I am considering using PackTowls(tm) as my fabric--just as absorbent but less bulky, my theory goes. Thank you for mentioning your hair length; I now know the turban will work for me.
Debbie Cook said... (1/12/05 5:23 AM) Reply
Touran, great job and wonderful gift ideas! Thanks for all the details in your review -- "fluffy bunny" cracked me up.
KathleenS said... (1/12/05 3:25 AM) Reply
Thanks for the inspiration! I've never really considered these headwraps but you make them sound great. I can manage the wrapping my head in a towel but it falls off quickly because it's so top heavy. Must try making this (or maybe the KwikSew headwrap 3283). Thanks also for the tip about using RTW towels.
noreend said... (1/11/05 6:18 PM) Reply
Oh, I like it! I make lots of sleep/lounge wear but missed this as I don't usually sew Vogue. If anyone else is lusting, some of the tie dyed chenille has hit the clearance tables at Joann's.
KarenP said... (1/11/05 5:40 PM) Reply
How lucky your mother is! That is a wonderful robe and looks perfect for lounging after a shower or bath.

by: janelouise