Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1158 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:thesewinglab

Posted on:8/22/12 2:20 PM
Last Updated:8/22/12 2:23 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
miausiau said... (8/23/12 1:10 PM) Reply
As a rule I avoid under bust pleating...it is never flattering for me. I was looking at that pattern yesterday as Vogue is on sale in a few places, but I spotted trouble in that one area...thanks for showing us all the other problem areas!
pdiddly said... (8/23/12 3:33 AM) Reply
what a shame you dont like it - good luck with the re-vamp
arianamaniacs said... (8/23/12 2:36 AM) Reply
That's too bad, I have this on my list too. Thanks for the helpful review! I don't think it looks like a prison dress though, I love grey
SavageCoco said... (8/23/12 0:58 AM) Reply
Carry a flashlight and wear it as "Evenink Vear" while doing a bed check at the asylum.
PattyE said... (8/22/12 9:46 PM) Reply
Hmmm, sorry this one did not work out for you. I admire your 'forging ahead' attitude to make something else out of it. I look forward to seeing that review.
zoe said... (8/22/12 9:29 PM) Reply
Don't you hate when that happens! The pattern cover photo makes the dress look so cute: but you are so right about those armholes and the breast pleats. I recently had a pattern with similar odd pleats at the breast area with a similar, unflattering to me, effect. There was nothing I could do with them. Those darn UFOs.
margk said... (8/22/12 9:01 PM) Reply
Great review, Thanks! What a pity it didn't work after all the effort.
Elona said... (8/22/12 6:52 PM) Reply
Funny review on your blog! That comment about the non-lift effect those little under-bust pleats have is something the designers should take into account (after they wipe up the coffee they spat onto the screen upon reading your assessment).
ArtAttack said... (8/22/12 4:56 PM) Reply
Sorry about your disaster but at least you could recover the skirt for another project. Thanks for the heads up!

by: Jemajyng

Japanese Pattern Books Akiko Mano: Pattern D

by: MariannaSe...

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)