Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1314 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:chenille

About chenillestar
Member since: 7/4/11

Best Patterns of 2013
Posted on:8/23/12 2:47 AM
Last Updated:8/23/12 2:53 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 40 people
Sew Good said... (10/16/13 0:59 AM) Reply
Thank you! This was an excellent review. Your tips will help me a lot.
SewWil said... (3/7/13 10:08 PM) Reply
How did I miss this?!!! Your dress is beautiful. Great review. Thanks.
chenille said... (11/7/12 7:15 PM) Reply
Susan, I used a knit tricot fabric that I think I got from Joanne's. It looks like a fine mesh and does have some lycra in it.
Susan J. said... (11/3/12 9:02 PM) Reply
Thanks for your comprehensive review. I am wondering what you used for your lining fabric. Thanks.
Susan J. said... (11/3/12 9:02 PM) Reply
evelynhughes said... (10/30/12 10:20 PM) Reply
Thank you for taking the time to create this review. Now I know to add a bit of length the the dress to fit my 6ft body. LOVE the pic by the way!
jenleeC said... (10/23/12 0:17 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for this detailed review and your pics on the gathering/ruffling process. I have just ordered this pattern to make for my DD and will refer to your review.
BeckyNoSleep said... (9/12/12 3:43 PM) Reply
Thanks for the laugh, I needed it today! Great dress, too.
sewcool21 said... (9/1/12 9:01 PM) Reply
Great revew! I love the pic!
wordchick said... (9/1/12 6:35 AM) Reply
This looks wonderful on you! The fabric is beautiful...love it!!! Thanks for the detailed pics in your gallery...very helpful!
allycovey said... (8/31/12 4:33 PM) Reply
What great tips, adn the pose ...WONDERFUL.... I have this pattern on the way I can't wait to make it now.
Paris75008 said... (8/28/12 6:48 PM) Reply
What a great photo and great review. I love your dress. I bought this pattern and I'm planning on making it soon. Your tip for using a ruffler is pure gold, thank you so much. Now I just have to go out and buy a ruffler foot...
slee said... (8/28/12 9:49 AM) Reply
Great review! Love your dress and your Vogue pose! LOL
DOMESTICATEDMENNONITE said... (8/28/12 8:43 AM) Reply
You look so happy! :-)
Sue Parrott said... (8/26/12 9:42 AM) Reply
How fun, I love how you copied the model's photo! Great idea on the use of the ruffler.
QuikSew said... (8/26/12 7:36 AM) Reply
Fabulous job!! The dress is stunning on you, and the creativity is quite motivating. I need to follow your lead and spend more time analyzing RTW.
SewPrincess said... (8/24/12 5:55 PM) Reply
Great dress! And you're giving the model a run for her money with that pose! :)
karen n said... (8/24/12 3:11 PM) Reply
Now that I've seen the pattern photo I finally get it! That's funny!
JOshiro said... (8/24/12 10:00 AM) Reply
Awesome review and even awesomer pic! Thanks for the laugh! I have a ruffler, although I never used it for anything beyond samples. Maybe this will be the dress for it?!
couturemom said... (8/24/12 9:16 AM) Reply
Whoever shot the photos for the fall Vogue must have been bored with regular shots. Unfortunately they make it very hard to discern the styling elements of the patterns, not to mention the poses are ridiculous for a high rise office window.
cleverkitty said... (8/24/12 9:14 AM) Reply
Your so funny I just love your pose! great review beautiful dress on you as always.
Fran G said... (8/24/12 8:21 AM) Reply
Wonderful review..great idea/tip about using the usible before pleating and a good alternative to gathering. But I loved your pose the best!!!!! Too funny!
sfshaza said... (8/24/12 6:51 AM) Reply
lol. Love the pose! And the dress is very nice but that pose caught my attention. :)
1SewSweet said... (8/24/12 5:31 AM) Reply
Cute, cute, cute! What a perfect dress on you! Awesome pose! Vogue needs to hire you!
MNBarb said... (8/23/12 9:38 PM) Reply
Funny, when I saw this dress I wondered if I might see you in a review of it. Now many women look this great in a very fitted knit dress. How nice of you to include all of the details you've worked out. Love the pose (what is with these odd poses? How about the woman who looks like she is sitting on the toilet?). Fun, fun!
Jrhee said... (8/23/12 9:23 PM) Reply
Awesome dress and hilarious pose!
Sarah Sewing said... (8/23/12 5:41 PM) Reply
Love the dress and fabric choice, your pose is perfect!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (8/23/12 5:06 PM) Reply
"This was a straight size 6"... ;D :'( Sew cute!!
Levone said... (8/23/12 2:26 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress and great review! The pose is priceless, LOL.
chenille said... (8/23/12 12:38 PM) Reply
So glad that you liked the pleating tip. I am sewing on a Janome 3160 QDC and using the Janome ruffler. With the solvy - I could even do gathering every stitch. I agree that we should all do the Vogue poses in our reviews - fun!
Judy Kski said... (8/23/12 12:27 PM) Reply
Sorry! I didn't appear to take the first time.
Judy Kski said... (8/23/12 12:27 PM) Reply
I guess you have to be in a New York highrise to strike that pose....
GoSewGirl said... (8/23/12 11:41 AM) Reply
Wonderful review with lots of good tips. And I love your photo.
zuzu_petal said... (8/23/12 11:25 AM) Reply
That pic made my morning! Thanks, too, for the brilliant tip.
sunnysewer said... (8/23/12 10:54 AM) Reply
Clever innovation and your dress looks great. But the pose is genius. I think everyone should copy the Vogue poses this season, I hope you have started a trend.
marec said... (8/23/12 10:00 AM) Reply
A+ (sorry, in a hurry to get to jury duty)
ArtAttack said... (8/23/12 9:58 AM) Reply
Great dress and review. Super tip to pleat rather than gather. I must pick up this pattern on the next Vogue sale. Thanks for the great review!
Carolyn.S said... (8/23/12 9:12 AM) Reply
Your dress is very beautiful, and your pose is priceless!!! I loved it!
AuntieShel said... (8/23/12 9:02 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress!!
marthamyers said... (8/23/12 8:57 AM) Reply
Love the pose! And the dress is great too. How clever of you to notice the pleats in RTW. I would not have thought of that. Your dress looks fabulous on you.
Deepika said... (8/23/12 8:39 AM) Reply
What a great idea to pleat. I have some RtW dresses which have pleats. I also have the Janome ruffler foot but it doesn't work on knits. Using fusible tricot is a great tip. I'm going to have to try this. Thank you!!! Oh and I love the pose
canei said... (8/23/12 8:05 AM) Reply
Very nice....love the pose!!!!
no7262 said... (8/23/12 7:49 AM) Reply
Love it! Nora :)
Marnie D said... (8/23/12 7:31 AM) Reply
Thanks for such a fantastic review. I intend to buy this pattern and it will be very helpful. Your pose made me laugh. Thanks
Sew4Fun said... (8/23/12 7:13 AM) Reply
Great dress and super helpful review. Thanks!
Rebecca D said... (8/23/12 6:32 AM) Reply
Thanks for the helpful photos and good tip on the pleating.
chenille said... (8/23/12 3:20 AM) Reply
Thanks! You know I did try to get on the windowsill, but I didn't fit.
Athene said... (8/23/12 3:14 AM) Reply
Great review and photos. Your pose is fantastic. I am interested in this pattern and if I purchase it and make it up I will be sure to refer to your very helpful review and photos. You look fabulous in this dress. Thank you.

by: FreyaStark