Online Sewing Class: The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6294 (easy tops & skirt)

Viewed 1955 times

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Skirts

Sweater knit fabrics

knitknitknit said... (2/6/06 1:04 PM) Reply
Thanks, Dr. Sue! I always enjoy your thoughtful and intelligent comments. Your comments about Jalie 2005 have cost me a great deal of money, however. I bought the pattern, then had to have some new fabrics to make it in; within a week I had bought a new serger. I have been eyeing this particular pattern for some little while now. Thanks for the heads up about the ties! Jane in MA
Danvillegirl said... (1/14/05 5:56 AM) Reply
Sorry this did not work for you. I have yet to attempt empire waist type tops. When I was a member of the IBTC they looked great. Now I am a member of the FBAC and just don't think this will be flattring. Love your fabric though.
valerie sews said... (1/13/05 4:37 AM) Reply
drsue, I do like your top even though you found this pattern a disapointment. It'd probably work for you scaled down and made up in a knit fabric..thank you for a helpful review.
Kathy Russell said... (1/12/05 11:50 PM) Reply
The top is stunning, so i was suprised by the review. The fabric is sheer but beautiful with that style top and I'll bet on would look good to us. Nice job on a disappointing project.
drsue said... (1/12/05 7:00 PM) Reply
Thanks for your nice comments. Its a bit better on the dress form than on me, but I think I'd look OK in it in picutres and to a non-sewer. It's just little things: too much ease on the side, gathers under bust a bit too much on the side, empire seam a bit too low, one top side pattern a bit off. Little things but they add up, especially when you know you can do better.
minieme said... (1/12/05 6:28 PM) Reply
It looks good on the dress form though.
sewsue said... (1/12/05 3:12 PM) Reply
I made this pattern also and I have to say I wouldn't wear it in public! I too liked the butterfly sleeve design but when I put it on the sleeves seemed to accentuate my D cup bust and my large upper arms and I looked hideous in it! This top ended up in the bin, so I agree with your rating of the pattern. Having said all that, your top looks lovely on the dress form!
jlg said... (1/12/05 1:30 PM) Reply
It looks beautiful on the dress form.
PhyllisC said... (1/12/05 12:54 PM) Reply
Oh Sue - it's not that bad really. I like it - the pattern matching on the fabric is very effective and I figured that was your intent even before I read the review. Maybe you'll find a similiar pattern that fits the way you'd like - your design concept is really solid.
Elemenopeo said... (1/12/05 12:23 PM) Reply
I think it looks really pretty.
cindyann said... (1/12/05 11:51 AM) Reply
I'm sorry that this didn't work out for you. Thanks for the heads up because I was drawn to this pattern. Since we are of similar ages and figures, I always pay close attention to your reviews. It looks great on your dressform though.
Levone said... (1/12/05 11:42 AM) Reply
Your top looks great! I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you. I also have this pattern, and appreciate your helpful review. It looks like it would make a lovely spring top.

Diana Magazine 12-2014-27

by: Catroodje

Papercut Patterns Sigma

by: soelimano

Victoria Jones Collection Pattern 101

Victoria Jones Collection Pattern 101

Sew Chic Knapsack Pattern (ln100)

Sew Chic Knapsack Pattern (ln100)