Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6294 (easy tops & skirt)

Viewed 1955 times

Last Updated:1/12/05 11:34 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Skirts
knitknitknit said... (2/6/06 1:04 PM) Reply
Thanks, Dr. Sue! I always enjoy your thoughtful and intelligent comments. Your comments about Jalie 2005 have cost me a great deal of money, however. I bought the pattern, then had to have some new fabrics to make it in; within a week I had bought a new serger. I have been eyeing this particular pattern for some little while now. Thanks for the heads up about the ties! Jane in MA
Danvillegirl said... (1/14/05 5:56 AM) Reply
Sorry this did not work for you. I have yet to attempt empire waist type tops. When I was a member of the IBTC they looked great. Now I am a member of the FBAC and just don't think this will be flattring. Love your fabric though.
valerie sews said... (1/13/05 4:37 AM) Reply
drsue, I do like your top even though you found this pattern a disapointment. It'd probably work for you scaled down and made up in a knit fabric..thank you for a helpful review.
Kathy Russell said... (1/12/05 11:50 PM) Reply
The top is stunning, so i was suprised by the review. The fabric is sheer but beautiful with that style top and I'll bet on would look good to us. Nice job on a disappointing project.
drsue said... (1/12/05 7:00 PM) Reply
Thanks for your nice comments. Its a bit better on the dress form than on me, but I think I'd look OK in it in picutres and to a non-sewer. It's just little things: too much ease on the side, gathers under bust a bit too much on the side, empire seam a bit too low, one top side pattern a bit off. Little things but they add up, especially when you know you can do better.
minieme said... (1/12/05 6:28 PM) Reply
It looks good on the dress form though.
sewsue said... (1/12/05 3:12 PM) Reply
I made this pattern also and I have to say I wouldn't wear it in public! I too liked the butterfly sleeve design but when I put it on the sleeves seemed to accentuate my D cup bust and my large upper arms and I looked hideous in it! This top ended up in the bin, so I agree with your rating of the pattern. Having said all that, your top looks lovely on the dress form!
jlg said... (1/12/05 1:30 PM) Reply
It looks beautiful on the dress form.
PhyllisC said... (1/12/05 12:54 PM) Reply
Oh Sue - it's not that bad really. I like it - the pattern matching on the fabric is very effective and I figured that was your intent even before I read the review. Maybe you'll find a similiar pattern that fits the way you'd like - your design concept is really solid.
Elemenopeo said... (1/12/05 12:23 PM) Reply
I think it looks really pretty.
cindyann said... (1/12/05 11:51 AM) Reply
I'm sorry that this didn't work out for you. Thanks for the heads up because I was drawn to this pattern. Since we are of similar ages and figures, I always pay close attention to your reviews. It looks great on your dressform though.
Levone said... (1/12/05 11:42 AM) Reply
Your top looks great! I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you. I also have this pattern, and appreciate your helpful review. It looks like it would make a lovely spring top.

by: ursewla

Islander Sewing Systems Women's Classic Sport Shirt Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Women's Classic Sport Shirt Pattern

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

by: Corkypompo...