Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 1779 (MIsses Blouse)

Reviewed by:facesunderwater

About facesunderwaterstar
USA
Member since: 1/29/12
Posted on:8/26/12 8:01 PM
Last Updated:8/26/12 9:09 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people

Lhorrocks said... (1/23/13 3:11 AM) Reply
I appreciated your comments and how you made it fit. I'm petite too. It looks very nice on you.
ejvc said... (11/3/12 10:42 AM) Reply
Thanks foe the review! A very nice top on you.
sunnysewing said... (8/29/12 7:26 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review! I planned on getting this pattern this week! It looks great; I love the green on you!
rdlamb said... (8/28/12 4:35 PM) Reply
Very pretty, well-fitting top!
CLDebra said... (8/28/12 1:56 PM) Reply
I love your version of this pattern. I made it, too, but with the flounce collar and I modified the sleeves (to simple short sleeves) for a summer white cotton blouse. I thought that this pattern was fun to sew and it came together really well. I *love* the color of your blouse and your buttons! It looks so pretty on you. Thanks for the review!!
facesunderwater said... (8/27/12 7:36 PM) Reply
If I remember the neck tie was cut on the bias. Sometimes I can't tell if i'm crazy and pattern pieces aren't fitting together properly or if i'm doing something weird. Thank you for your compliments ladies.
MamaSewing said... (8/27/12 5:20 PM) Reply
Beautiful top, I am thinking this is just the one I need to try next!
Michele Lommasson said... (8/27/12 5:12 PM) Reply
Very darling indeed. You look fabulous. Apropos the neck tie, was it supposed to be cut on the bias perhaps? Never mind that, it does not look a bit wrong the way you did it. Why did you make me love another pattern?
nicegirl said... (8/27/12 1:44 PM) Reply
This looks great on you--it has a lot more shape than other patterns I've tried in this genre. I might have to try it out.
renren said... (8/27/12 6:32 AM) Reply
This is a lovely top. I'll watch for the nautical version. Hmm, I might want this pattern . . .
facesunderwater said... (8/26/12 10:15 PM) Reply
The instructions said to "stretch" the neck tie to make it fit properly but I just don't see how that would have worked. Instead I just added 1 and 1/2" to the length and it lined up perfectly. I am curious to know if others had the same issue.
said... (8/26/12 9:33 PM) Reply
This is certainly an on trend look and it looks good on you. I am concerned about the additions to the facing and tie...they seem unusual. Did the neck stretch out during construction or is there an ill fitting piece in the pattern?

Pattern Work